Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm getting sold on the yellow for my DS. Anyone know what kind of paint sticks best to plastic I don't think I'll be able to do the grip.

BTW, there is no reason why Pentax shouldn't augment their sales of the black or white version thru retailers with direct sales of every conceivable color directly from Pentax at better margins. That might even set off a scramble amongst retailers.

09-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am starting to feel like I am in the minority trying to make my cameras *less* visible.

Gaffer taping my 1Ds2 somehow made it almost disappear in people's minds, and my black Leica M4-2 doesn't draw any attention. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
09-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Ah...if I were 15 years younger....I would have jumped at the opportunity to buy a dSLR with great specs - in Fire Engine Red....
09-19-2009, 01:32 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As long as they sell in good quantity and make a profit Hoya will allow the Pentax name to continue and invest in the brand ... which can only be a good thing for Pentax users.

09-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
Igilligan

Crapola... I choke everytime I hear this "whatever is good for hoya"garbage.

What would be good for hoya is if they did not release $1400 cams that have green lines and heating issues, did not release top of the line DA * lenses with focus motor issues, and still after three years have the top of the line flash still getting stuck on peoples cameras!!!

What would be good for hoya is to put at least one camera model in the dang darn retail stores before the Holiday shopping season.

Seriously. Malls all across this country have small empty storefronts that could be used just for the shopping season. Small Pentax retail stores for the holidays.... cheap in - cheap out

Spend some damn time getting their QC issues in line before coming up with this Samsung/Sony-esque P&S color sillyness.

Last edited by Igilligan; 09-19-2009 at 02:10 AM.
09-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Spend some damn time getting their QC issues in line before coming up with this Samsung/Sony-esque P&S color sillyness.
What QC issues? What color silliness? I can't wait for my team colors, Blue&White.

Finally, I found colors.

Last edited by cbaytan; 09-19-2009 at 03:45 AM. Reason: found matching colour
09-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #22
Igilligan

Beautiful.... now that makes sense!

Except here in the States... you pick your team colors and then you are not allowed to take the camera into the stadium! You have to leave it in the car and hoodlums ransack the parking lot while you are at the game... And the next week they are showing off the team colors to their friends... IN 'AUTO' mode ! haha

09-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
You want to downdgrade back to a single wheel control? no grip? no 'iso button'? pentamirror?
All these things mean that you can mount a small prime/pancake and carry the camera with you pretty much all the time. Where else can you get a 50mm F1.4 stabilised APS-C P&S? Such a combo comfortably beats even the micro 4/3 format offerings and you don't have to worry about m4/3 lens adapters. You even get a video recording.

For an experienced photographer, it would make a great second camera. And you don't have to buy a red one if you don't want to. They still offer a black one.
09-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
Site Supporter

to each his own... I find it cheesy like cell phone...

A desperate move for cheap consumer goods... Like those damn colored washers and dryers with 400 dollar pedestals...
Oh god. Don't get me started on those damn pedestals. They cost like $200 less than the actual appliance.
09-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
Site Supporter

Beautiful.... now that makes sense!

Except here in the States... you pick your team colors and then you are not allowed to take the camera into the stadium! You have to leave it in the car and hoodlums ransack the parking lot while you are at the game... And the next week they are showing off the team colors to their friends... IN 'AUTO' mode ! haha
That's what you get for being a Raiders fan! P.S. please take that sorry excuse of a coach back from U.T.
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fishy Quote
I look at my K10D and test my patience until I can afford a K-7. Now this happens....
It gets me all confused; if the AF/WB/flash on the K-x is similar to the K-7, I actually might upgrade to an entry level! Yeah, weather sealing has been useful on occasion, but in reality not all that often.
If an entry level has what I am looking for, then why not get one?!?
I see your point. I was really surprised how I liked the feel and ergonomics of the K-m. And on many occasions it is of value to me, to have a small rig to carry around.

I also think one could grab some fun shots taking pictures with it. It would really get the attention of people
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
You want to downdgrade back to a single wheel control? no grip? no 'iso button'? pentamirror?
I`m doing just that. Getting better high-ISO, faster AF, Video, and smaller body instead.
10-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Fair enough I guess, those are upgrades indeed. You lose some, you gain some