Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Man, That would be a great Screen Name. Maybe I'll join again and assume a different persona

I have mental visuals of the Vader exiting his lander in the hanger, accompanied by legions of white-clad minions and flanked by red-robed cardinals.

Oh, those colors could be fun!
That would be an interesting photoshop project if you could get the base image. Vader gets a black K-7 and everyone else gets K-x to match their garb.

Steve

09-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Don't know about that. People would start gathering around the person miming a photographer.
Yeah, maybe you're right-I sure don't want to go through that again!
09-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #18
Inactive Account

A Star Wars parody would make a great ad for the K-x. Imagine Vader on a vacation with a black K-x, accompanied by a group of Stormtroopers with all white ones, Chewbacca with a brown one, Leya with a pink one etc... they could be walking around taking pictures and then run into each other.
09-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by impact Quote
A Star Wars parody would make a great ad for the K-x. Imagine Vader on a vacation with a black K-x, accompanied by a group of Stormtroopers with all white ones, Chewbacca with a brown one, Leya with a pink one etc... they could be walking around taking pictures and then run into each other.
I see a poster in the making from Pentax. Can someone mail Ned on the idea?

Thanks
Hin

09-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Orange, with black handgrip. HEV cam!
09-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I see a poster in the making from Pentax. Can someone mail Ned on the idea?

Thanks
Hin
How does one email Ned Bunnell?
09-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
How does one email Ned Bunnell?
Love you buddy. Please help me out. I will personally put a comment in Ned's personal blog as a first step.

And if any of you have contacts with J C Pentax (I forget his user id), the wonderful gentleman who works in USA Pentax and who came here sometime ago to explain and answer questions on Pentax K-7 to clear the myths and issues magnified by RiceHighTrashyGreen, we can all benefit hopefully.

Warmest,
Hin

09-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Hi folks...
I just finished reading this wonderful blog and thought...Even though we do not have the cam yet, what would you like to see? Everything from serious to goofy......and while you are over at Hins blog, sign up to receive his email notifications. Every Pentax owner should have this bookmarked as you will get honest reviews from a real user written with passion.... Hin's Tech Corner: Pentax K-xC Plan Revealed -- Request to Pentax Corp.

As for me, I still want to see the Hello Kitty scheme...Street shooting with hello kitty around my shoulder, now that is cool...

So lets here your ideas and remember, have some fun...
Thank you buddy. I am launching a campaign to "Say NO to RiceHighTrashyGreen", please stand by me and PM me if I am way over the line. And do your usual thing for me -- the needed prayer that I always ask you.

This is an Pentaxian effort, we need all the Canikon storm troopers to be assimilated into a Pentaxian.

Regards,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-20-2009 at 07:52 PM.
09-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I have stepped over to RiceHigh blog and comment to let him know about HinTheMan vs RiceHigh in a sour and mixed relationship. I have officially raised my campaign with Pentax Community to SAY NO to RHTrashyGreen, please you all good folks, STAND BY ME and Pentax. You owe it to your camera to SAY NO to RHTrashyGreen

QuoteOriginally posted by HinTheMan 1st ever comment to RH Blog:
I am a occasional reader of your valuable but somewhat trashy blog to Pentax community. And I am one of the two PentaxForums member who mark you as a friend. I admire at your in-depth knowledge and untiring strength in echoing every Pentax issues and problems reported by others. I love your initial enthusiasm of Pentax K-7 and benefit greatly from your information gathered.

I still consider your blog page valuable when there is a issue and solution to be shared but I REFUSE to subscribe to your blog as I found your unrelenting obsession in offering opinions biased with single individual goal in mind to undermine what Pentax offer. You measure your success by wrongly accusing Pentax for their quest to be a better company. You will never leave Pentax as you enjoy your ride of INFAMOUS popularity by playing the DEVIL role well known by Pentax community.

And the worst of your "so called" success in arriving 100K pageview has the consequence of misleading many of our not-so-well-informed potential users of Pentax. I ask all readers to consider what you have achieved in writing TRASHY and BASHFUL opinions with every single reported problems and negative opinion of Pentax. You would wake up at 3:00am and obsesses to get one more BAD article about Pentax. Yes, you are very successful in your own right. I can't argue with that. You have the most popular traffic in the Pentax community as we have issues and we love bashful thinking for entertainment. I can only ask the Pentax community to SAY NO to your biased blog and SAY NO to echoing of negative rumors and opinions that are biased to a single objective to undermining Pentax

I won't break my friendship with you, you strike me as one of impressive individual who had gone off to the wrong end of doing EVIL to others. Why don't you enjoy what you have with Pentax and Canon and spend time ON what is actually more valuable to you other than your PAGEVIEW count. Please spend your time that last a POSITIVE impact on others and your beloved ones. Do no evil and serve no evil and you feel better at the end of each day. And I guarantee you your success with 200K PAGEVIEWS are won with admirable aspiration from Hin, your 1 of 2 PF friends that you don't care. As of now, I can't wholeheartedly congratulation without STABBING you on your back. I have asked my good friends to SAY NO to RiceHigh.

Please feel free to break our friendship. I won't break it myself as I truly like you as an engineer, a great reporter and a special and unique friend in Hong Kong. I love Hong Kond and I love Macau even more as I was bornt in Macau. I love to visit you someday in the future to resolve our differences and we can even go out to shoot pictures together and share our whining or praises on camera brands. You know TONS more than I do and I have so much to learn from you.

Sincerely yours,
Your friend, your admirer, your enemy until you wake up,
Hin Man

Last edited by hinman; 09-21-2009 at 07:00 PM.
09-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I have stepped over to RiceHigh blog and comment to let him know about HinTheMan vs RiceHigh in a funny relationship. I have officially raised my campaign with Pentax Community to SAY NO to RHTrashyGreen, please you all good folks, STAND BY ME and Pentax. You owe it to your camera to SAY NO to RHTrashyGreen
Why not just let RH go? I don't think it's a good idea to let him get even more attention which he doesn't deserve. He might be laughing when he sees what you are doing at your blog and here at the forum, that's what he's been trying so hard in the past a few years: to get more attention from Pentax, Pentaxians, and whoever gets online.

I stop visiting his blog long time ago, and wouldn't bother going back there no matter what he says.
09-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Why not just let RH go? I don't think it's a good idea to let him get even more attention which he doesn't deserve. He might be laughing when he sees what you are doing at your blog and here at the forum, that's what he's been trying so hard in the past a few years: to get more attention from Pentax, Pentaxians, and whoever gets online.

I stop visiting his blog long time ago, and wouldn't bother going back there no matter what he says.
Frank, that is my point to ASK all Pentax users NOT to visit his blog. But I don't know how to start that campaign, please help me out as I don't know how to wage a a campaign that help Pentax and NOT RHTrashyGreen.

Thanks,
Hin
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Frank, that is my point to ASK all Pentax users NOT to visit his blog. But I don't know how to start that campaign, please help me out as I don't know how to wage a a campaign that help Pentax and NOT RHTrashyGreen.

Thanks,
Hin
I don't think the RHTrashyGreen thing would help, it'd only help him get more attention. Better just start from yourself and don't visit his blog if you don't like what he's blogging there
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I don't think the RHTrashyGreen thing would help, it'd only help him get more attention. Better just start from yourself and don't visit his blog if you don't like what he's blogging there
Yes, I should be warned. Please bear with the novice in handling conflict of Pentax interest. I am looking forward to my K-7 upgrade and I WILL stand up for what I believe in. But your advice make more sense to be quiet than the more vocal one.

Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-21-2009 at 08:01 PM.
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #29
Pentaxian

I like the green.
09-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I like the green.
Arpe, I hope you and all Pentaxian who like green know that I pick the name to bash my unique friend RH in Hong Kong as that was the limited color he picked for his K-m. I love green and I even have my blog page using dark green background once before. For a camera, I have my doubts on green. I have to admit that I especially like green to go with camouflage and wildlife shooting purpose.

Warmest,
Hin