Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-xC Plan Revealed -- Request to Pentax Corp.

Hi folks...
I just finished reading this wonderful blog and thought...Even though we do not have the cam yet, what would you like to see? Everything from serious to goofy......and while you are over at Hins blog, sign up to receive his email notifications. Every Pentax owner should have this bookmarked as you will get honest reviews from a real user written with passion.... Hin's Tech Corner: Pentax K-xC Plan Revealed -- Request to Pentax Corp.

As for me, I still want to see the Hello Kitty scheme...Street shooting with hello kitty around my shoulder, now that is cool...

So lets here your ideas and remember, have some fun...

09-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Kitty? Yes, that would be the ticket...

Regarding Hin's request for the special "C" version. Given the new instant change feature, it would be a small matter to have the camera go completely stealth by adding a chameleon mode where the camera's skin would change to match its background. It is only a matter of time before Nikon and Canon do the same and Pentax can beat them to it.

Steve
09-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

you could actually do a changing colour camera easily... just use a semi transparent plastic, like a shower curtain light diffusion, and have RGB LED's inside :P done!
09-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An invisible camera would be great for folks like me who are shy about street-shooting ;~)

09-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Digital camo'd get a lotta the war nerds.

For me? PCB.
09-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
An invisible camera would be great for folks like me who are shy about street-shooting ;~)
Don't know about that. People would start gathering around the person miming a photographer.
09-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
you could actually do a changing colour camera easily... just use a semi transparent plastic, like a shower curtain light diffusion, and have RGB LED's inside :P done!
My vote is for flashing LED's with programmable patterns. The LEDs could double as a AF assist.

Steve

09-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Don't know about that. People would start gathering around the person miming a photographer.

Steve
09-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Hello Kitty? Yes, that would be the ticket...

Regarding Hin's request for the special "C" version. Given the new instant change feature, it would be a small matter to have the camera go completely stealth by adding a chameleon mode where the camera's skin would change to match its background. It is only a matter of time before Nikon and Canon do the same and Pentax can beat them to it.

Steve
The Hello Kitty is a DIY project, just get the white or pink one and some stickers. Just like they did it on the japanes Pentax site with their K-ms.

PENTAX K-m SPECIAL SITE / K-m体験レポート 第3回 キラキラしよう☆マイデコカメ!
09-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I find for shooting street, the best cameras are those that do not look serious.

So an orange and green K-X would look enough like a toy camera, or a plastic holga, that it should draw very little attention!
09-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
That's exactly what I was thinking. It wouldn't be long before people in white lab coats showed up.
09-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by impact Quote
The Hello Kitty is a DIY project, just get the white or pink one and some stickers. Just like they did it on the japanes Pentax site with their K-ms.

PENTAX K-m SPECIAL SITE / K-m体験レポート 第3回 キラキラしよう☆マイデコカメ!
Interesting...I have a couple of generic flat front lens caps that would work well for the hello kitty scheme...

Steve
09-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
OK, I'm probably going to be castigated for this but I think not releasing the pink camera in the US market is a big mistake. Based solely on my wife's reaction (who is ready to trade in her practically new K100D Super), I think it would be quite popular with some of the ladies. Make a special insert in white with a pink ribbon and make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for every sale. Help to fight breast cancer and gets Pentax's name out there. Plus if it was available at Best Buy, think how many tween and teen girls would have to have that "like totally awesome pink camera."

CW

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
You are the Man, I salute to you to think out of the box and have thoughtful ideas that make business sense. A great honorable idea that benefits good course and marketing smartly and rightly so with smart channels.

To all who responds, you all rocks with great ideas. I love the invisible camera idea. But I have a twist with the color schematic. Why not have a transparent model with super color led for facelift on-demand with a hit of button or stealth mode self correction with user criteria on temperature, mood, humidity, location, subject detection and others. Of course, override with menu options on screen.

And to all those Techie guys who love the mechanical impulse of the mirror chamber and inner connection between the SDM vs internal motor, we can watch and shoot draw dropping all day seeing how the image is cast onto the sensor. For those with 20/20 vision, they have a built in dust sensor with their naked vision.

The idea of color led are the best to go with the Supersonic Polyplastic body in translucent form illuminated with solid pigment from the color led.

Dream on.... I hope Pentax see this. How can we tell? How can they not?

If you think this is worth a request, please place a comment either here or that in my learning blog http://www.techtheman.com. I can use some help with subscription in RSS or Subscription by email to increase the masses in saying no to RiceHigh and negatives, and staying focus on the positives.

Thanks,
Hin
Quoted from the New/Rumor thread. Thank you Javier, my buddy and pal who stands by me and our Pentax community.

Thanks,
Hin
09-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I find for shooting street, the best cameras are those that do not look serious.

So an orange and green K-X would look enough like a toy camera, or a plastic holga, that it should draw very little attention!
The more I think about it, the more the colors make sense. No more of this "Darth Kamera" stuff. Sure the tools should be serious, but do they have to look that way?

Steve
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The more I think about it, the more the colors make sense. No more of this "Darth Kamera" stuff. Sure the tools should be serious, but do they have to look that way?

Steve
Man, That would be a great Screen Name. Maybe I'll join again and assume a different persona

I have mental visuals of the Vader exiting his lander in the hanger, accompanied by legions of white-clad minions and flanked by red-robed cardinals.

Oh, those colors could be fun!