Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

My new K7

Well I just got my new K7 about 2 hours ago.
I went to a local camera shop in Protland Oregon and walked out with a nice new K7.
To make a long story shot. About two weeks ago I got a new K2000 with the two lens kit. I really liked it not a bad camera. But I wanted live view and even the video on the K7 is nice. Also I wanted manual AF points and haveing a CMOS sensor. And the weaher sealing is nice. So I was able to return my K2000 with no problems. I was thinking about just buying a K-X when they come out. But the K-X doen't have the weather sealing and I wish Pentax would have put the lighted AF points in the VF. I could have been ok with the K-X but the one I wanted would cost me $850. And on top of that having a K110 and a K1000 with 4 pentax lenses the only lense I would want is the 55-300mm.

I think I will really like the K7. I have only taken one picture with it so far I'm waiting for the battery to charge.

This is my first real pro like DSLR. I have had a Cannon XSI, Sony Alpha 350, Nikon D60, Pentax K2000 and now the Pentax K7. When I got my XSI canon over a year ago. At that time I really wanted a K200D Pentax but no local stores had them. My dad has an old K1000 and the K110 with four lenses that I can just use those lenses when I want.
So now I think I will be buying an extra battery pack and maybe the battery grip.
I did notice on ebay I saw some replacement battery packs that were really cheap from stores in China. Are these safe to buy I kinda feel that might not be the way to go. Anyone bought any of these from out of China on Ebay?

09-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard! I also have the K-7...you'll love it. It really seems to shine with my old glass......you'll have fun with the primes from your K1000.

Re the batteries...I've always bought Pentax....yes they cost more but they last ages and in the long run they might be cheaper.....