Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Studying professionally in photography and working with pros... well, it changes the angle of view on things... And it's so funny sometimes to see what people are worrying about...

Sorry, it was so tempting to join the discussion... The only situations where I'd use one:

-Shooting near sea water... damn salt everywhere... got to squeegee lenses at least once every 4-6 hours spent on the beach...
-A real bad need for a polarizer
-Haze filter on some old lenses (K300/4 for instance)
-Natural density filter when there's just too much light...

For the rest... I'd rather remain silent... Just don't want to start any flames...

09-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Got MC filters on all my glass, trying to secure the filters on lens shortly after i get it.

You can call me paranoid, but I`m putting greasy fingerprints on them on a regular basis, and i feel a lot easier cleaning out the filters and not the glass.
09-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #33

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Cover it with some spray-in bedliner too?

I noticed I had a couple scuffs on the front of my FA 80-320 a couple weeks ago. Oh well. Can't think of when they could have appeared, so UV use is only when the wind is blowing snow, or light rain, etc. Day to day, no filter.

If I was in the woods or something, then I'd put one on. But why am I in the woods and how did I get here?
I am curious - is there a light reason you would use a UV filter in the woods, (flare around leaves perhaps?) or would it just be for protection?

I debated using one yesterday (at Rocky Arbor State Park, not far from you in Madison), settled for not. But I don't know very much about it.