Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2009, 04:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Firmware Confusion- Help!!!

I guess the title is a little misleading as I understand the concept and execution for installing Ver 1.03. My question is about the file size as I don't want to disable the camera if my download or something else went wrong.

The download was a self extracting file (7MB or so), the instructions said to have at least 32MB free on the SD card.

The file that extracted (fwdc183b) is 8,448KB (~8.4MB) so I may have just answered my own question, but is that the correct file size? (When I looked briefly and saw KB I thought, "they want 32MB SD for an 8K file!" )

Still, is an 8.5MB file the correct one?

Thanks

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, download, dslr, file, photography, question, sd, size