Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #61
Forum Member

Original Poster
Again assumptions, assumptions and judgements and judgements

I never mentioned telephone anywhere.
Pentax Customer service is by phone or live chat. Being half way round the world, I did the live chat. Stilll it is Pentax and Customer service and live. My story never changed :

Again the events:
I was very reasonable and polite with Pentax
1. they gave me a dealer (service center) in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al-Ain that are all shutdown (Though they still list them with Pentax and they sent me their contacts)
2. I agreed to send it to Arizona for Pentax, but requested assistance by them understanding that since I will travel to the USA from half way around the world and (happens to be in Texas), it would give me a one week window to work with them to solve the issue in Arizona. I didn't ask for them to do it in Houston TX. But they turned the request down saying that my timing is not their problem
3. They then said they had nothing more to add and cut me off.

My conclusion is this is bad customer service support from Pentax by any objective measure and cant believe repeated attack I am getting for this. And again Wheatfield you assumed and misjudged.

09-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #62
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alman Quote
i do have the communication transcript saved that will show the way it went
I would love to see this transcript posted. I think it would end all of the speculation on what really happened.

Alman, are you brave enough to post the transcript?
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #63
Inactive Account

Pentax customer service does not control the repair outfit. You would have better luck contacting them direct by email.
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by alman Quote
i do have the communication transcript saved that will show the way it went
my issue with Wheatfield is that he is making personal attacks
I work for Pentax customer service.
I have read the hour of chat transcript you had with our rep. We record all calls and chats.
Our rep did her best to help you.

I am sorry that the camera is not working correctly, but there is nothing we can do beyond what we offered you on chat.

It is not humanly possible for us to get the camera from Houston to Arizona, examine it, diagnose the problem, fix the problem, test it for several days since it is an intermittent problem, and then send it back to Houston all in less than one week.

If you decide to send the camera in to us, we will do our best to have it repaired as expeditiously as possible.

09-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #65
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dorianb Quote
I work for Pentax customer service.
I have read the hour of chat transcript you had with our rep. We record all calls and chats.
Our rep did her best to help you.

I am sorry that the camera is not working correctly, but there is nothing we can do beyond what we offered you on chat.

It is not humanly possible for us to get the camera from Houston to Arizona, examine it, diagnose the problem, fix the problem, test it for several days since it is an intermittent problem, and then send it back to Houston all in less than one week.

If you decide to send the camera in to us, we will do our best to have it repaired as expeditiously as possible.
Thanks Dorianb: Now this is a polite reasonable response. "It is not what you say but how you say it and it is not what you do but how you do it" .... appreciate the kind polite response from you.