Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #16

Original Poster
Cheers guys, the first pic I took with the replacement one is showing a shutter count of 579 in PhotoMe, the last one I took with the camera I took back was 1212, so I guess it didn't carry across the file numbers even though I used the same card.
What do you think, is 579 too high for a new camera? I really have no idea how many shots they are likely to run a body through before it leaves that factory.

I really appreciate all your help!

09-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

No, 579 shots is completely normal. My brand new Pentax K-7 arrived factory-fresh from Adorama with 600 shots on the nail. Others have reported a similar number of burn-in shots as well:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/72331-photome-s...new-k-7-a.html
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #18

Original Poster
Thanks Knoxploration, that is reassuring. I still think it's odd that the battery was fully charged but I'm slowly convincing myself that the shutter doesn't sound any different, I'm just imagining it.
Well, if it falls over it falls over, sadly I don't have two or three spare K-7s kicking around to compare it with so I will just hope for the best (and a lottery win)!