Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2007, 01:24 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr CJ Quote
I wouldn't say that SR is making the images less sharp. Especially when comparing to a DL. I have a DL and that camera produces some VERY sharp images. Much more sharper than my K10.
Very strange. I have the same experience. It looks like my DL is sharper than my new K10D !
I never had the impression with my DL that pictures were not sharp - except for when cropping estremely, but then it is the jpeg compression you see and not 'unsharpness'.

With my K10D, I have the impression that from time to time pictures are not really in focus. I changed the settings and have been testing with several settings but generally, the K10D does'nt seem 'better' than the DL when it comes to sharpness.

And I have been using the SR occasionally. All pictures I took with SR on are less sharp than without SR. (and I did turn off SR in cases with long shutter speeds ;-)

06-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #17

[QUOTE=-spam-;61798]Pretty sure that the manual tells you to turn it off if you are using a tripod. Thats usually the go for any form of image stabilisation as it will tend to hunt for movement and potentially leave you with some slightly blurry images. ...

I have always considered it received wisdom to disable anti-shake (whatever the type) when tripos-mounted. However being now in the age bracket where memory is less reliable, I as often as not forget to disable the anti-shake. I can detect NO difference at all when I do so. The largest image I have produced on a tripod is an A2 night scene of the Storey Bridge. 60cm x 42cm. The printer is an industrial quality HP inkjet 1.5 metres wide (about 60 inches0 on Duratrans. At about 1 Kilometer (3/5 mile) away a 60 mm (2 ins) pipe railing is critically sharp and, BTW no pixels visible.

The K10D is some camera!
Ron McDermott
S-E Queensland
Australia
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeda Quote
Very strange. I have the same experience. It looks like my DL is sharper than my new K10D !
I never had the impression with my DL that pictures were not sharp - except for when cropping estremely, but then it is the jpeg compression you see and not 'unsharpness'.

With my K10D, I have the impression that from time to time pictures are not really in focus. I changed the settings and have been testing with several settings but generally, the K10D does'nt seem 'better' than the DL when it comes to sharpness.

And I have been using the SR occasionally. All pictures I took with SR on are less sharp than without SR. (and I did turn off SR in cases with long shutter speeds ;-)
My istD always felt soft using the DA 16-45,50-200 lenses.

After looking at the first 1000 or so files from my K10D using the above lenses and the Sigma 300F4, FA 70-222 and recently aquired 77 Ltd, SR on or off, the images are a lot better, sharpness and colour wise.

My settings are all neutral in not only my Pentax bodies but my Nikons aswell. Only other body that comes as close is my D1H.

Dave B