Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
You know, I was thinking about this on the plane today, and I think I was wrong. Given the specs, I think K-7 is a bargain at the time of its release, and it is somewhat less of a bargain but it still is a good value for avid amateurs. The reason I thought that it was overpriced was because at this point of the game I still have not fully utilized K-7's full capability. Then the k-x comes out..... Looking at it, this camera would do very nicely for the level of photography that I do. I was talking to my cousin who works for Canon(printer division in japan) last week, and he said that what they first noticed about K-7 was the pricing. "Incredibly aggressive" is what they thought. I wonder if k-7 affected the pricing of 7D. BTW my cousin wanted to choke me and cut me in pieces because not only that I didn't buy Canon DSLR, I now bought Epson 3800 printer. He told me that for those of you who are interested in high end printers, wait 18 months or so. Sorry, off the topics here.

I think I will buy k-x as a back up(like I really need a backup!!) for the hell of it. I want to buy the most ridiculous color combo to get people riled up.

. the question that you needed to answer is, does the feature that the K-7 have, worth the difference in price?

speaking about the colorful K-x, what if Pentax releases a LIMITED EDITION colorful K-7? would that interest you as well?

the one who should not be named who self-professed to have abandoned Pentax for good, seems to be more than interested on talking and wasting his time about new Pentax products, rather than get busy and discover something more about his preferred brand. oh, the irony !

09-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I don't think a colored K-7 would intrest people as much as a colored K-x would. The K-x not only has color and pricing, but with the amount of horsepower under that hood for the pricing is very appealing. The amount of power for the money for the K-x is greater than the power for the money with the K-7 in my opinion.
09-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
. the question that you needed to answer is, does the feature that the K-7 have, worth the difference in price?

speaking about the colorful K-x, what if Pentax releases a LIMITED EDITION colorful K-7? would that interest you as well?

the one who should not be named who self-professed to have abandoned Pentax for good, seems to be more than interested on talking and wasting his time about new Pentax products, rather than get busy and discover something more about his preferred brand. oh, the irony !

Well, if it is not worth the difference, it is too late. I bought it a very shortly after it came out in Japan. I actually went over there to buy it although I had other reasons to go to Japan.

Colorful K-7 may not interest me, but if a silver K-7 was available, I would have gone for that, I think.

And, let's not worry about THAT guy. He enjoys himself when people who read his blog get pissed at him. This is a legitimate psychiatric diagnosis. There is a manual called DSM-IV, and it describes people like him.
09-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
Well, if it is not worth the difference, it is too late. I bought it a very shortly after it came out in Japan. I actually went over there to buy it although I had other reasons to go to Japan.

Colorful K-7 may not interest me, but if a silver K-7 was available, I would have gone for that, I think.

And, let's not worry about THAT guy. He enjoys himself when people who read his blog get pissed at him. This is a legitimate psychiatric diagnosis. There is a manual called DSM-IV, and it describes people like him.
are you trying to pair it up with the FA LTDs ? it does look cool with a silver body. as far as K-x goes, it is quite a steal really. though I'm having second thoughts of having one for a second body. I don't think it's ideal especially what the K-7 can do. but it sure does look like a practical 1st option for those would-be dSLR owners or a 2nd option to those which need an upgrade for their K10D or lower. though the K-x's capability is still question whether it is better than the K20D. especially if their prices are not that far from each other. though the K20D has a WR body. if people can live without that feature, well they are in for a real treat.

09-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
Nubi

are you trying to pair it up with the FA LTDs ?

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!! Exactly!!!