Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

Questions about Live View on the K20

I am enjoying my K20 very much, but the live view mode seems to be pretty worthless, so I have a couple of question.

Isnt the live view mode just a function of the camera software? If so, wouldnt it be possible for Pentax to just come out with a software upgrade that would make the live view more useful and user friendly?

09-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would depend on what you're looking for as an improvement on the existing live view mode.
I don't find it all that useless, but then again I use it on relatively stationary subjects - and it works very well in those circumstances.

For example, though, if you wanted the ability for the camera to focus whilst live view is on, I'm not sure that is simply a software limitation for the K20D. I've not held the K-7 to compare Live view but it would appear hardware revisions make the K-7's live view more versatile. I couldn't say much more about it as I'm not sure...