Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
If that is the case, then it is contrary to what the manual says. Wouldn't be the first time...
I disagree. Here's the quote from page 122...

In my experience, what this means is that you can set a single adjustment for that lens, press OK, and exit the menu, and you'll be using that adjustment setting, but if you move the cursor back to Apply All and press OK before leaving the menu, you will have set the camera to use the Apply All setting for that lens - it will still store your Apply One setting, but it will use the Apply All setting... you need to leave the menu with Apply One as the active mode for the camera to use that setting.

My previous paragraph is kinda confusing to me , so let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll try again.

09-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #17

Original Poster
kolouch,

Based on my experience, the -10 might be wrong in judging your 50/1.4. I have exactly this case: when I use the focus chart to test at almost the closest distance, -10 is not even enough, but when I leave it further, -7 works fine, and -7 applies to distant object too.

I made couple of simple tests, like set all to -10 and one to -2 and vice versa. In either case, the results really depend on which section (all or one) I end up with. I don't think you can make a combined effect with apply all and apply one together. As what the manual says, they act individually and override one another.

The debug AF seems like the only right way to go!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by fulcrumx29; 09-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.
09-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #18
Forum Member

I'll try look into RAW info tomorrow ..
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
In my experience, what this means is that you can set a single adjustment for that lens, press OK, and exit the menu, and you'll be using that adjustment setting, but if you move the cursor back to Apply All and press OK before leaving the menu, you will have set the camera to use the Apply All setting for that lens - it will still store your Apply One setting, but it will use the Apply All setting... you need to leave the menu with Apply One as the active mode for the camera to use that setting.
I agree (I think ). But either the "Apply All" settting is used, or the "Apply one" is. In no case is the "Apply one" is not added to "Apply All" (which is what I thought you were suggesting earlier).