Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7's LiveView mode downsides.

these are the handicaps that I found out about the K-7 while shooting LV mode.

1.> the lack of focus beep/lock/indicator (red dot) for manual focus lenses. though some might be ok without it, it can be a problem for others. especially if the magnified resolution is not great in higher magnification. can be a problem to those with weak eyes.

2.> lack of catch-in focus for manual lenses during LV mode. can't expect to shoot any faster.

3.> lack of grid lines or atleast lines of reference during magnification under LV mode. keep you guessing or estimating where your subject is located "exactly" in the whole frame or if you moved or recompose your angle of shot.

4.> the speed of the 2 AF mode (face detection and contrast) are slow. can be annoying for the photographer and subject, especially in a rush.

5. > LV is laggy and very shaky especially if magnified, and especially at high resolution. would advice to use a tripod and not to shoot fast moving animate objects.

p.s. I would gladly appreciate any inputs from anyone as well.

09-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope they fix many of these problems in the K-7 and hopefully the K-x doesn't have them. #1 and #3 definitely needs fixed. #5 I assume the shakyness is supposed to be there unless SR is on, but the lag isn't good news.