Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Who's b***x?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=140347587921

Nice score on the $100 pentax-a 50mm f1.2!

I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed it.

I just chickened out from getting into real money because I was wary the F1.2 was going to turn into a f 1:2.0 when it arrived.

09-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's no way that's a 1:1.2 lens. It's too small. Plus I copied the image and had a close look at it. It clearly shows f2.8 and next f2 I'd seen the listing and passed because of that.

Sadly just another person who mislabeled this lens again for the F2 version.
09-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I'm pretty sure that is just a 50mm f2. At least if the lens in question is the one on the camera in the pictures.
09-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a 1:2 lens - a one dot typo on his part.
Not a bad deal nonetheless...

09-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yup. A LOT of people mistakenly list the 1:2 lens as f1.2. Very common mistake. I was just talking to a guy today who listed an SPF w/ a 55mm f1.2 lens. For $25, and I'm like, dude, I still want the SPF but there's no way that lens is f1.2 :-D
09-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Yup, 1:2, not 1.2. Too stubby.
09-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I was just a bit slow to snap this one up: PENTAX K1000 CAMERA WITH 50MM PENTAX-A LONG LENS

Saw it, clicked on the Buy It Now button, typed in my paypal password to make payment, then was told the item was bought by someone else!

Or well, guess someone would be very happy w/ that LARGER THAN OTHERS PENTAX-A 50MM lens ...

09-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I was just a bit slow to snap this one up: PENTAX K1000 CAMERA WITH 50MM PENTAX-A LONG LENS

Saw it, clicked on the Buy It Now button, typed in my paypal password to make payment, then was told the item was bought by someone else!

Or well, guess someone would be very happy w/ that LARGER THAN OTHERS PENTAX-A 50MM lens ...
Damn that's a steal... how do you guys find these things? o-O;
09-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Damn that's a steal... how do you guys find these things? o-O;
I've found some fairly good deals by looking through the 35mm film camera section under Pentax instead of just going straight to lenses, some of the old cameras come with nice lenses
09-30-2009, 03:08 AM   #10

It seems pretty common for 1:2 lenses being marketed as 1.2 on eBay. I'm sure typos happen, but if someone is knowledgeable enough about lenses to post that they have no fungus, they know what they're doing. I've reported a few to ebay but I don't know what comes of it.
09-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
aka

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Crowsby Quote
It seems pretty common for 1:2 lenses being marketed as 1.2 on eBay. I'm sure typos happen, but if someone is knowledgeable enough about lenses to post that they have no fungus, they know what they're doing. I've reported a few to ebay but I don't know what comes of it.
With this guy in particular, he managed to get the nomenclature correct on all the other lenses and, perhaps not coincidentally, provide better pics of them.

I had my suspicions so my bid was low enough that I would have done OK even with it being a 2.0 but the heartbreak...