Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Nice!

Just to help my mental image, should I picture you in my mind wearing Hawiian shirts or camoflage? Please don't say lingerie!

10-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #17

Fisherofgrizz: You ask, "I'd hope Pentax was capable of achieving this as well if I could find the correct set of adjustments. Why? That is why do you want walk away from utilizing the capabilities of the dSLR? However if you photograph nothing but standard grey cards you will get it right every time. But the real world is not 28% reflectance grey - fortunately! "Maybe I'm asking too much." Yes you are but you are losing the pleasure that making an ordinary image jump off the screen / page and make people gasp.
There is no magic bullet so enjoy the journey (to beautiful images).
10-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
Thanks for the comments Ron.

I'm a person that likes to take shots, not modify them on the computer. I've found that I can do fine for 99% of my shots with jpegs and contrast,saturation & sharpness at +1. I might tweak a bit here and there but for most of the shots I do I'm happy to work with what comes out of the camera. I've been told that I'm a fool for not using raw all the time. One of my friends is a great photographer selling photos in the DC area. He never shoots raw, and uses a P&S for some of his photos that he sells.
But I do get to have exceptions and eat my words. During a slow day I decided to try a couple of demo versions of noise reduction plugins on some ISO 1000+ images of some hummers taken at sunset a few nights ago. I went and bought the full version last night and am a believer. They went from decent to great IMHO. I still think I'll use jpeg for most of my photos but I think I need to work a little more in the post processing. I think that I'll need to get something like aperture to organize then it would be less of a chore to import and clean up masses of photos.
10-12-2009, 06:27 AM   #19
Inactive Account

maybe this is a late reply. But I get pretty decent shots with my K10d without needing the PP. I always use manual exposure and sometimes Av when I needed to be fast. Don't forget to put +1,2 etcc or -1,2 etc depending what lens you use.

I think to get the most out of your camera you must know how it behaves.. as well as for lenses. You must know whether to expose your shot by a stop or two.