Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did K20 LCD screens change?

I quickly bought a k20 for a friend when I saw how quickly the prices were going up. The company ebyte.com didn't have perfect recommendations, but it was the only place I could find it for $650. Arrived quickly and works great, but something looked strange to me when I opened it up.

Unlike our k20 the LCD screens (back and top) are raised. They also have a silver/white line around the edge. Has anyone else who has just purchased a new K20d help me out--is this a change Pentax made to its design? Just want to make sure this is normal before we unpackage everything.

09-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #2

I just bought a K20D from Adorama and it doesn't have raised LCDs like you describe - can you send a photo. I assume both LCDs came with shipping protectors and you removed them?

Mike
09-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Oh, duh! Obviously I wasn't paying careful attention to our K20 unboxing. Blushes. Those shipping protectors are pretty secure on there.