Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #1

K10d firmware

Is there a way to see what version of firmware is currently loaded on my camera?

And I was thinking of downloading the latest firmware but have not updated from whatever came installed on my camera from the time I purchased it. Can I safely go from an early version to the latest or would I need to update each version in sequence until I finally get to the latest, which I think is 1.10.1 (correct me if I'm wrong please)?

09-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.

You can skip any older firmwares and just load the latest one
10-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the help hertel. I read in one of the post that someone had also retained their older version. I guess for back up in case the newer one would have caused problems. How could you save the old version? Any idea? Or would it be just as good to download that older version later on if you felt you needed to go back for some reason?