Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have used my K20Ds (two of them) to cover a boat race held off the coast of Miami. One with a DA* 50-135 and the other with a DA* 300. I had no protection against water and was in a very fast and light chase boat. Neadless to say I ended up looking like I was walking at the bottom of the ocean with all the water that ended up on me and my gear. I simply washed all my cameras and lenses clean with fresh water when I returned to land and everthing still works perfect a year later. The salt was what took me a bit of work to clean off, but it's all gone and the lenses are still like new. I would not be affraid to get my gear wet again. I trust Pentax equipment to my line of wok.

10-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have not been in a lot of rain with my K10 and DA* lenses, but I did go behind a waterfall with the K10 and DA* 16-50. The camera was soaked. So was I. No problems except trying to thaw myself out (glacier runoff, you know).
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

*semi-shameless self-promotion*

Sorry to be that guy who plugs his own blog in threads, but I just did a short write up about the previously mentioned day out in the rain, so I thouht that since it's directly, I would just link to that so people can see my thoughts and the images, if they want. Enjoy! Or, feel free not to click it.

Ben and Genny's Photo Blog: Why I love Fall, and Pentax.
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
I went with a Shutter Hat as I only recently acquired a WR lens.

Thank you
Russell
Kinda defeats the purpose of getting a camera with weather sealing..not unless you have the previous models of camera before the K10D...or the non-weather sealed lens (as stated by Russell-Evans).
..or the K-m, or soon to be released K-x.