Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pentax warranty question/issue

fwiw.... i was entertaining the notion of buying a little used k20d, only a few months old, with a warranty card still blank...(usa)
i contacted pentax directly, and asked if the warranty was transferable, and the lovely c.s.r. rep, said no...........
i've sometimes had questions answered incorrectly from pentax, and since their site, as of right now, is unavailable, (service unavailable)i can't check the accuracy of this warranty question..
has anyone out there every asked this of pentax with the same answer???

Last edited by dcmsox2004; 10-01-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: post withdrawn.. researched and got my answer
10-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
The warranty card must be accompanied by a sales receipt for the product, otherwise they would be forced to honor a 35 year old discontinued camera sitting in someone's garage with an unfilled warranty card...

I believe purchased extended warranties are transferable to other customers for a fee but I've never done it so maybe some others can comment on this.
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I figure if you have the original bill of sale, you can more than likely get the warranty honoured.
10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The warranty says that it's not transferrable, but really they have no way to prove that the receipt wasn't you buying the cam, you could use your friend's credit card after all...