Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Eruditass's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,206
White camera owners

Over time, does your body start to tint? Are scratches more or less visible than the black counterparts?

And can you take a picture of you holding it or on your side? :P

10-03-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member
raymeedc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 951
White Camera Owners.
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Over time, does your body start to tint? Are scratches more or less visible than the black counterparts?
Not to be overly sensitive or politically correct, but doesn't this line of questioning seem a bit racist?
10-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
White Camera Owners.


Not to be overly sensitive or politically correct, but doesn't this line of questioning seem a bit racist?
yeah we better tread lightly! As to the topic at hand, well I have owned both a black and a white nintendo DS. Black shows EVERYTHING! White, not so much. It is funny with a different color introduced everyone is afraid another color will show more wear. what color car shows the most dirt? BLACK!
10-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
emr
Guest




I have no white cameras, but what I do have is a white MacBook. Or actually a MacBook that used to be white. I even wash my hands every now and then, but the area where I rest my hands has slowly gathered a rather nasty stain. That stained part was actually changed (due to a fracture, not the stain) about a year ago and it's already dirty. Wouldn't get another white laptop, but on the other hand I've been using this quite extensively and perhaps the camera plastic's different.

10-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frozen white North
Photos: Albums
Posts: 845
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
White Camera Owners.


Not to be overly sensitive or politically correct, but doesn't this line of questioning seem a bit racist?
I honestly hope you are joking (internet forums don't convey it well).

Perhaps Pentax sould rename the colors to "Frost" and "Charcoal" for the off chance someone should actually call it what it is and offend someone


I personally haven't used a white, er.. frost body, but I can conclude with reasonable certainty that they will show more dirt and grime over time than the charcoal ones.

My car's black interior shows more dirt and dust in the short-term, but cleans up much nicer than my last car's beige interior.
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member
raymeedc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 951
QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
I honestly hope you are joking
My sentiments exactly.
10-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
emr
Guest




In order to be really politically correct, I suggest we stop talking about camera colours by name and use HTML colour codes #FFFFFF and #000000.
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frozen white North
Photos: Albums
Posts: 845
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
My sentiments exactly.
If you are offended by the OP's wording of the question (which I thought made perfect sense and didn't trigger any thoughts of race or political correctness), perhaps offer a suggestion on re-wording it?

We're all camera enthusiasts here from all over the world. It doesn't matter what color the camera body (or our own body for that matter) is.

10-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
New Member
bazzie's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, England
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 24
Pentax couldn't celebrate diversity more than it's doing with the K-x!
10-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member
raymeedc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 951
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
In order to be really politically correct, I suggest we stop talking about camera colours by name and use HTML colour codes #FFFFFF and #000000.
Good idea. This is precisely how I describe skin color tones when discussing such amongst my fellow humans. I don't see why our beloved cameras should be subjected to any lesser dignity.
10-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
If you are offended by the OP's wording of the question (which I thought made perfect sense and didn't trigger any thoughts of race or political correctness), perhaps offer a suggestion on re-wording it?

We're all camera enthusiasts here from all over the world. It doesn't matter what color the camera body (or our own body for that matter) is.
I believe the 'My sentiments exactly' note was meant to convey that Raymeedc was, in fact, joking! (because if he wasn't, I would have to leave society forever and make my way to a mountain retreat - having failed me at this of all internet junctures)...and to be clear I am totally kidding as well *emoticon of your choosing*
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member
Eruditass's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,206
Original Poster
where are all the white owners!
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio (formerly SF Bay Area)
Posts: 1,464
This thread is awesome.

Personally, as a white photographer, I wonder whether stray reflections off my body might be affecting the contrast of my photos.

Maybe I'll have to contact the manufacturer.
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member
raymeedc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 951
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote

Personally, as a white photographer, I wonder whether stray reflections off my body might be affecting the contrast of my photos.
This is a problem I was previously afflicted with. I'm currently fortunate in that, as I've grown older, my body has turned to an 18% photo gray color. Consequently, I can now take correct readings directly off of any portion of myself.
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 2,869
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
This is a problem I was previously afflicted with. I'm currently fortunate in that, as I've grown older, my body has turned to an 18% photo gray color. Consequently, I can now take correct readings directly off of any portion of myself.
LOL for real. Time to get some Sunny 16 in me thinks.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax Gear K20/K10 Grip, MX film camera and K20D owners manual.(US/CAN) Cam Traviss Sold Items 1 08-19-2010 02:57 PM
Questions to Canon Compact camera owners jaitas Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 2 05-10-2010 01:45 PM
Question For Those "White" Km/2000 Owners shutterpuppy Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 10-08-2009 06:46 AM
Suggestion for Sigma 24-70 owners (or potential owners) joeyc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 08-07-2009 03:12 AM
Need some help on how you refer to camera owners by brand. innershell General Talk 5 01-14-2009 12:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top