Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
White camera owners

Over time, does your body start to tint? Are scratches more or less visible than the black counterparts?

And can you take a picture of you holding it or on your side? :P

10-03-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

White Camera Owners.
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Over time, does your body start to tint? Are scratches more or less visible than the black counterparts?
Not to be overly sensitive or politically correct, but doesn't this line of questioning seem a bit racist?
10-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
White Camera Owners.

Not to be overly sensitive or politically correct, but doesn't this line of questioning seem a bit racist?
yeah we better tread lightly! As to the topic at hand, well I have owned both a black and a white nintendo DS. Black shows EVERYTHING! White, not so much. It is funny with a different color introduced everyone is afraid another color will show more wear. what color car shows the most dirt? BLACK!
10-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
emr

I have no white cameras, but what I do have is a white MacBook. Or actually a MacBook that used to be white. I even wash my hands every now and then, but the area where I rest my hands has slowly gathered a rather nasty stain. That stained part was actually changed (due to a fracture, not the stain) about a year ago and it's already dirty. Wouldn't get another white laptop, but on the other hand I've been using this quite extensively and perhaps the camera plastic's different.

10-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
White Camera Owners.

I honestly hope you are joking (internet forums don't convey it well).

Perhaps Pentax sould rename the colors to "Frost" and "Charcoal" for the off chance someone should actually call it what it is and offend someone

I personally haven't used a white, er.. frost body, but I can conclude with reasonable certainty that they will show more dirt and grime over time than the charcoal ones.

My car's black interior shows more dirt and dust in the short-term, but cleans up much nicer than my last car's beige interior.
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
I honestly hope you are joking
My sentiments exactly.
10-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
emr

In order to be really politically correct, I suggest we stop talking about camera colours by name and use HTML colour codes #FFFFFF and #000000.
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My sentiments exactly.
If you are offended by the OP's wording of the question (which I thought made perfect sense and didn't trigger any thoughts of race or political correctness), perhaps offer a suggestion on re-wording it?

We're all camera enthusiasts here from all over the world. It doesn't matter what color the camera body (or our own body for that matter) is.

10-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
Pentax couldn't celebrate diversity more than it's doing with the K-x!
10-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
In order to be really politically correct, I suggest we stop talking about camera colours by name and use HTML colour codes #FFFFFF and #000000.
Good idea. This is precisely how I describe skin color tones when discussing such amongst my fellow humans. I don't see why our beloved cameras should be subjected to any lesser dignity.
10-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
If you are offended by the OP's wording of the question (which I thought made perfect sense and didn't trigger any thoughts of race or political correctness), perhaps offer a suggestion on re-wording it?

We're all camera enthusiasts here from all over the world. It doesn't matter what color the camera body (or our own body for that matter) is.
I believe the 'My sentiments exactly' note was meant to convey that Raymeedc was, in fact, joking! (because if he wasn't, I would have to leave society forever and make my way to a mountain retreat - having failed me at this of all internet junctures)...and to be clear I am totally kidding as well *emoticon of your choosing*
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
where are all the white owners!
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Pentaxian

This thread is awesome.

Personally, as a white photographer, I wonder whether stray reflections off my body might be affecting the contrast of my photos.

Maybe I'll have to contact the manufacturer.
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote

Personally, as a white photographer, I wonder whether stray reflections off my body might be affecting the contrast of my photos.
This is a problem I was previously afflicted with. I'm currently fortunate in that, as I've grown older, my body has turned to an 18% photo gray color. Consequently, I can now take correct readings directly off of any portion of myself.
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #15
Veteran Member

This is a problem I was previously afflicted with. I'm currently fortunate in that, as I've grown older, my body has turned to an 18% photo gray color. Consequently, I can now take correct readings directly off of any portion of myself.
LOL for real. Time to get some Sunny 16 in me thinks.