Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2006, 03:38 AM   #1

Shutter Speed?

Not shutter speed as in the title, i just confused myself...anyway read-on
Sometimes when i shoot with my K100D, i'll get this 'delay' in getting the shot. Ideally, I'll push the button halfway to focus and all the way down, then comes the sound 'slap-slap', and the shot reveals itself on the LCD. Everything is good... then again 10% of the time, it'll just 'slap', 'wheezing' sound, then 'slap' again. Not sure you guys experience this....and do you know whats with the 'wheezing' delay? Sounds like its processing something big...
Usually we can preview the shot, instantly, but when it 'wheeez' away, you dont know if you got the shot or not...then the 2nd slap comes, and the preview altogether. Do you think its something to do with focus priority or shutter priority? or rather what caused it? Help!!

K100d, Sandisk Ultra II, Eneloops

Last edited by ryanmkk; 11-14-2006 at 03:45 AM.
11-14-2006, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The only time I've noticed something like that was when it was using a VERY slow shutter speed (i.e. 1 second). Don't know if that's what's going on with your camera or not... I've never noticed a 'wheezing' sound though.
11-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
Forum Member

I think the wheezing is the antishake function bouncing the sensor around.
You'd only hear it on longer exposures, since it's only active during shutter open time as I understand it.
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
Wheezing...

Thats interesting...its not equipment faulty then? its not a long wait before it shows up on the LCD. Just that often, i view the LCD immediately after we take a shot (after two instantaneous slaps-sound), somehow when something like this happen, i've got to wait for the other slap, before it pops up on the LCD. Talking about getting few successive shots, dont think that will happen.....Thanks for the feedback...

11-15-2006, 03:27 AM   #5
Forum Member

First slap is mirror retracting. This is the start of the shot.
Squealing sound is sensor moving around, and this won't happen
if SR is turned off.
2nd slap is mirror returning.
Normally these should happen in very rapid succession unless you are taking a very low light shot.