Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #1

Blank Screens

After a shot, the LCD preview will turn black (with the shot number at the corner). When you scroll back, its still black-blank. Could this be a result of an off-focus, really bad shot, that it doesnt reveal in the LCD preview?

pls help

11-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
What Camera?

It would help if you could tell us what camera body you use.
11-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #3

I would guess k100d or k110d, as they're the only dslrs out there this moment with the lcd preview.

Sometimes I find it is blank as well, but then it comes up a few seconds later than it usually would, due to a longer exposure (long write time). It still comes up, unless i accidentally hit another button in between this.
11-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #4

Original Poster
Blank LCD Screen after a shot

yes, its a k100d.
well the blank-screen, is the shot. it has the shot number on it too (at the corner). Its like shooting into a light source and everything is dark but i did not do that though (i was shooting flowers!). I dont know if the image got lost somewhere during the process?
I'm puzzled myself. When i scroll back to see my shots, that one particular shot is still blank-screen with a shot number on it.

11-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The only time that has happened to me with my K100D was when I had my AV & TV setting so screwed up it and I wasn't getting enough light. Totally user error on my part. The other times are having a shutter speed too high when using remote flashes
11-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

A suggestion, to see if you've goofed as Carol did - have a look at the exif data and see if something's really wacky. When I first got my DL I was getting waaaay overexposed shots. I finally checked the exif and found I'd dialed in something like +3ev! Ooops. Far too many buttons/menus for my wee brain.

Julie