Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K7 Interval Shooting Problems

I set the K7's interval shooting mode to lets say 60 shots and I find in most circumstances it never actually captures all, tends to cut out arounnd 20-30 and never completes the sequence.

Anyone else had this problem?

10-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've had this problem - then I realised the manual has a long list of situations which will interrupt the interval shooting. Page 148 of the K-7 menu.
One important item to realise , if you have it on AF-S, it will always attempt to re-focus, and if it fails focus lock, it will stop there. That's what actually happened in my case.
Set it to Manual focus - in which case it won't refocus, or AF-C, where it will attempt re-focus, but take the shot anyway.
10-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for that, I ended up doing just that after reading the manual. Turned off auto-off and put focus to manual, so far seems to be working so far.
10-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It pays to read the manual thoroughly first.

10-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
It pays to read the manual thoroughly first.
What a helpful post.

It's always good to get a friendly helpful hand of the forums because sometimes the manual is hard to understand.

mike
10-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by schmik Quote
What a helpful post.

It's always good to get a friendly helpful hand of the forums because sometimes the manual is hard to understand.

mike
Well schmik, you and I may disagree but there are plenty of threads from forum users experiencing so called "shooting problems" that really are not problems at all if users take the time to read the manual thoroughly and go through the features with camera in hand. I'm not saying the OP has no right to start a thread but rather than running here expecting to be spoonfed quick answers (where one can also get varied and contradictory responses, some from people who don't even use the camera), it is best to figure things out by running thru the manual. To seek clarification on what is stated or not stated in the manual is quite different from saying there is a specific problem.
10-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I actually don't disagree about reading the manual. I was just pointing out that your post added no help or value in anyway.

The way it goes:
"Hey why does this happen?"
"Try reading the manual on page xxx, it fixed my issues"
"Thanks, i read the manual and fixed my problem"
creampuff, "Yeah, read the manual"

You offered no help or advice (that wasn't already offered and used). Try being more polite and less conceited.

mike
10-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

schmik quit with the name calling... just so you know, it's not polite.
Looking up the manual is legitimate advise while you have offered none.