Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Are You Familiar With This One?

This is at Dpr by BravoBrown:

"Wondered if you ever tried the custom feature of turning off the AF correction so it hunts less after first focus acquisition... just for added AF speed. I don't see much posted about that, but seems like it might help in some situations." source:
Going back to Canon [Page 4]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

He also adds later:
Hi Larry,

I really wish I bookmarked that because it sounded very promising. I read it either here or at pentaxforums... but haven't had the time to thoroughly search and find the thread. I'm away for the weekend, but I will definitely get back to you, as it's something very interesting to me as well. Apologies.
Best regards,
Mark

I'm more than a little curious about this one... anyone know about this/what he is talking about?

thanks,

Nic

05-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #2

Debug

Well, found this on the net -

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tidis/DSLR/huoltovalikko.txt

I didn't verify this as I don't have my cam around so not sure if the AF can be changed to the way you mentioned.

Do at your own risk (!) but by all means, let us know the outcome...

Edit:

The DPReview thread is here: self focus adjust: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Last edited by adewhite; 05-27-2007 at 11:41 PM.
05-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
Inactive Account

The DPReview thread is here: self focus adjust: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review[/QUOTE]

The "service" menu disappeared in the subsequent firmwares.

Jean
05-28-2007, 02:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Auto focus adjust

I have used this debug menu on my DS to try (unsuccessfully) to correct ff/bf. But this does not stop the af "hunting" for focus....which i have never found to be an issue anyway.