Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
2nd Body: K200d or K20d

I'm looking to get a second body to eliminate having to change lenses so often. Thought about getting a second K200d to go along with my existing body and accessories. But on the other hand this might be a great time to pick up a K20d with the release of the new models by Pentax.

The practical side says go with another 200d, and then I won't have to buy a different grip, whole different set of batteries, charger, etc., but then again it would be nice to have the higher resolution, higher quality camera....just not sure....

What does everyone think? If this was you what would you go with??

10-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #2

I have a K200D, I would go with the same for the interchangeability of accessories.
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think I'd go with what I could afford. However, I have a k10, k20, and a k100super. When I shoot, I use the k10 & k20 together all the time as they are very similar in their controls. The k100 is different in how it handles and I think I'd find that anyoing if one or the other was my 2nd body (as opposed to a back up). I'm assuming the same would be true for the k200. So...I guess I'd go with another k200 or ? a k-x? versus a k20.
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

If it were me I'd wait for the K-x and get one of those. If I couldn't wait for whatever reaosn, I'd go with K20D unless I didn't like the greater size/weight or proprietary battery - which I don't, but with price now closer to equal than it was when I was making this decision, I might decide on the K20D this time around.

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 10-07-2009 at 08:44 PM.
10-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Agree with Marc.
If you like the K200D controls and UI, then the K-x may be a better option.
The K20D is a more customisable and controllable camera with increased size and weight to boot.
Put these as well as the other minor features of each into consideration...
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stl09 Quote
I'm looking to get a second body to eliminate having to change lenses so often. Thought about getting a second K200d to go along with my existing body and accessories. But on the other hand this might be a great time to pick up a K20d with the release of the new models by Pentax.

The practical side says go with another 200d, and then I won't have to buy a different grip, whole different set of batteries, charger, etc., but then again it would be nice to have the higher resolution, higher quality camera....just not sure....

What does everyone think? If this was you what would you go with??
if you are looking for a second body, and there is no absolute need to have an identical camera, I would take a K20 because it can do high ISO better, and give you more options than a second K200
10-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

It looks like the majority would go with the K20 to benefit from the added features that the k200d does not have.

I have no complaints about the k200d and glad I went with Pentax over Canon....