Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

@Sew-Classic / @bymy141 / @pcarfan

Thank you all for your posts, all excellent responses and I appreciate the time taken to do so.

I agree I might be a little premature with my opinion of the lens so I shall be giving it more time.

To give a clearer picture of my (v amateur) background:
I have been using my *istDS since 2004 (my avatar shows me peering through it) with basically one lens, the 18-55mm DA purchased after not being satisfied with the 2 kit SIGMAS.
I do prefer RAW and PP with Lightroom.

I also own a G10 which was an impulse buy as I couldn't resist the styling and potential

I have no intention of buying more lenses at this time, certainly not in the high price bracket, I simply don't have the photo opportunities or the time I'd like to devote to the hobby to justify the expense of top end glass.

10-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
@Sew-Classic / @bymy141 / @pcarfan

I have been using my *istDS since 2004 (my avatar shows me peering through it) with basically one lens, the 18-55mm DA purchased after not being satisfied with the 2 kit SIGMAS.
I also own a G10 which was an impulse buy as I couldn't resist the styling and potential

I have no intention of buying more lenses at this time, certainly not in the high price bracket, I simply don't have the photo opportunities or the time I'd like to devote to the hobby to justify the expense of top end glass.
With a *istD, G10 and a K-7 on camera bodies and a DA 18-55 and DA 18-250 on lenses I believe that your spending is out of balance.

Perhaps you could trade some of your equipment for a second hand FA 50/f1.4 and a DA 55-300 and you'll be suprised what extra IQ your G10 and K-7 will deliver.
Personally I think it is a waste having these 2 bodies without having the capability to get near the results possible.

- Bert

NB Have a look at: Pentax FA 50mm 1.4 in mint condition with Box - PentaxForums.com
and Mint Pentax DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED - PentaxForums.com
and Pentax SMC P-DA 55-300 mm f/4-5.8 ED Telephoto Lens NEW - eBay (item 380168295220 end time Oct-24-09 22:28:33 PDT)