Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Thinking small - as in MACRO...

Right - it' sbe a while since I last posted here.

I'm feeling like getting back into photography now that my move to the US is settled out.

Recently I've been looking at macro options, as my sigma zoom/macro is not producing what I want. Any fuzziness is most likely due to my own issues, not the lens, but I cannot get quite the magnification I'm after. Post processing helps, BUT, you start to see the other issues a non-prime lens runs into, so...

Finding a decent macro lens is easy enough, but I just came across (today, here) references to Raynox equipment.

Can anyone offer opinions on the quality (images shown here look great) and how to buy this product?

Am I correct that these units work WITH my existing lenses to "enhance" their functionality?

Thanks for your time gang.

duane

10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They attach to the front of a lens to allow you to focus closer - from a distance of less than a foot. So the longer the focal length of the lens, the greater the magnification you get. They are, as far as I know, avalable from pretty much all the major retailers - Amazon, B&H, Adorama, etc.
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Mark - much appreciated.

duane