Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #1

*ist DS Flash Problem

I mainly take a lot of outdoor shots, and don't use the flash much. I tried to use the flash today and it would not work. The flash pops up, but it will not charge. When this happens I am unable to take a picture at all. I recently upgraded my firmware, and I knew it worked before that. I am wondering if that maybe had anything to do with it. I just don't understand why my flash will stop working. Any ideas?

Thanks

05-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Your problem sounds like the problem my *istD has. If I pop up the flash, it wonít charge, and the battery indicator indicates the batteries are discharged (even with a freshly charged set). I e-mailed Pentax and their response was to send the camera in for a repair estimate. I havenít had the time to do that yet.

I suspect, but canít verify, that it occurred when using the flash and the camera was tethered to my PC whilst using Remote Assistant. That was the last time I remember the flash worked on the camera.
06-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
When I emailed Pentax they pretty much said the same thing. He said it sounds like the flash shorted and that I should send it in for repair. I just purchased this camera 2 months ago for use during the summer. I really dread having to send it away for 1 month.