Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #1

Change Default Values in GREEN mode

Hi, I am new to the forum, I just bought a K7, quick question, is there a way to change the default values (like JPEG Pixels) in the GREEN MODE ?, thanks

10-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brosen Quote
Hi, I am new to the forum, I just bought a K7, quick question, is there a way to change the default values (like JPEG Pixels) in the GREEN MODE ?, thanks
Not as far as I know.
The green mode, to my knowledge, is meant for people to use the camera without any special knowledge on photography and technical camera stuff.
It is therefore that many settings and options are not available in the GREEN mode.

It is like I tell my wife who avoids my Pentax DSLR's any way she can, in case she has no other option: take the camera, put all switches and levers in the green position, aim, zoom, take the picture.

For the non-green modes, there is the USER setting. In which you can preselect (almost all) your favorite settings and in an instance return to them. Perhaps that can help you achieve what you want.

- Bert
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Right. If you want autoexposure but with control, thats what P mode is for.
10-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks a lot, great suggestion the USER mode,

10-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #5

Brosen,

Maybe check out the Magic Lantern guide for your K-7. You have an amazing tool for photography but don't let it intimidate you. I would also highly recommend Brian Peterson's Understanding Exposure if you're new to photography.
10-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hi Rich, thanks for the great suggestions, I will buy those books,