Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

SDM and AF Speed?

I appologise if this seems like a stupid question.

I had read some information that the AF speed using SDM only lenses on a K20 is little or no different to the K7.
I know low light is an improvement, but for normal light AF tracking & aquisition I've heard it's the same.

If this is indeed true, would improving the AF module on the next camera have any improvement for AF tracking and aquisition for SDM.
Or does Pentax need to refine the SDM further to take advantage of future AF cameras?

Cheers

10-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VHDEL Quote
Or does Pentax need to refine the SDM further to take advantage of future AF cameras?

Cheers
Think must be redefined but I'm no expert on the subject.
10-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Think must be redefined but I'm no expert on the subject.
Thank you for your quick reply.

I currently have 3 DA* SDM lenses, I'm contemplating on getting a 4th.
If the SDM does need improving to take advantage of future AF I may consider holding off. Or wait until the K8 or whatever the next flagship model might bring.

Cheers