Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

F Modes

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
Its more basic than scene modes because it provides a certain bias to just the Exposure, while scene modes in the K-M, for example, can also affect Focus mode, Exposure compensation, White Balance, Sharpness, Contrast etc. depending on what scene mode you select.

I sometimes use the Program line for convenience in fast shooting situations, where I hardly have time to think about changing the camera settings.
The Sports Program Line, for example, will always set the highest possible shutter speed for that exposure, by opening the aperture wide and boosting the ISO (if in AutoISO)
The MTF program line always sets the Aperture to "best sharpness" for that lens, and adjusts the Shutter /ISO accordingly.

That's a help to me, too. Thanks. I'm often shooting from the hip and I need to understand how to best use the program line. It appears I'm not taking advantage of a tool more powerful than I thought. Too much camera, too little time.

Someone once suggested I was shooting in WTF mode. Not sure what he meant by that ......

Last edited by glanglois; 10-22-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Addition
10-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I agree with the above of to much camera vs to little experiance. I didn't know you could set the program mode to different things like that. I was just using if for semi-auto mode when I didnt want flash used. I love this forum. I REALLY need to read my k20d e-book.