Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
Yeah, I wouldn't assume that would be an included feature on the K-x though--they do like to keep a gap between their consumer and prosumer bodies, and sometimes they get rid of the tiniest little things!
At first I was going to simply post that I have seen specs indicating that the K-x IR remote system has "continuous" mode like the K-7. But now I am seeing conflicting specs on this. Unfortunately, Pentax does not show this mode for the K-x. I think will contact them and ask directly.

10-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got an answer, it does! Huzzah!

QuoteQuote:
Thank you for contacting Pentax.

The K-x does have the same option in the Custom Settings for Remote in Bulb Mode that you have in the K-7. What I thought you were referring to was this functionality with the shutter release button on the camera.
10-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Where did you get an answer?

I chatted with someone at Pentax... she thought "bulb mode" had something to do with the flash unit.

But she did say it has the same IR function as the K-7, I hope so....

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
I got an answer, it does! Huzzah!
10-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote
Where did you get an answer?

I chatted with someone at Pentax... she thought "bulb mode" had something to do with the flash unit.

But she did say it has the same IR function as the K-7, I hope so....

Actually, she was almost right, in a historical sense. The term Bulb mode originated way, way back in the past, when many cameras did not have any provision for flash synchronization. With the camera on a tripod, using a shutter release cable, one opened the shutter, manually fired the flash and then allowed the shutter to close. With the slow film of the day and even slower lenses, there was little chance of extraneousl light causing a ghost image.

The new mode on the K-7, in which you click once (or is it twice) and the shutter locks open, until you click again to close it, sounds a lot like the old T(ime) setting that old leaf-shutter cameras sometimes had. It worked exactly the same way.

10-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
remotes again!

just a shame pentax didnt put in a socket for "wired remote"
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/70198-remote-control.html
just a little info incase you missed it,sort of slightly off topic

ade
10-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have my K-x now... it DOES allow bulb mode to be controlled via an IR remote. It has two menu options concerning this. You can set it so the remote opens the shutter with one click then close it with another click or it stays open as long as you have the remote button depressed.

I was very pleased to also find that the K-x (like the K-7) offers the feature of recording the photographer/copyright data into the EXIF data.
10-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote
I have my K-x now... it DOES allow bulb mode to be controlled via an IR remote. It has two menu options concerning this. You can set it so the remote opens the shutter with one click then close it with another click or it stays open as long as you have the remote button depressed.

I was very pleased to also find that the K-x (like the K-7) offers the feature of recording the photographer/copyright data into the EXIF data.
excellent. can't wait for my white k-x... anyday now..
10-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #23

with any IR remote that triggers the camera you can set the following settings with bulb mode

hold button for release
press once to release once to end exposue

same as above but with 3s delay before release (lock up)

no need for wired remote there imo

10-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #24

dealxtreme has some universal IR remotes for 5 bucks.. with free shipping..