Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-X colour questions

Ok, I have two questions regarding the multiple color K-x:
1. I'm planning to get Japan Exposures or some other middleman to get me a multicolor K-X. Are these bodies 'limited edition' (in the true sense of limited, not pentax limited) or just 'special order'?

2. I'm thinking to use the K-X with DA limiteds for street photography. What color combination do you guys think is most touristy, less 'big camera' ish? I'm thinking either the green/black, yellow/black, or blue/black right now.

3. When are these bad boys are actually going to be released?

Although it would be nice if it can still somewhat pass as a 'pro' camera. For that I think I should go yellow/black or red/black.

For reference here's the colour sheet:

The more I look at the yellow one the more I like it... The so-called "light green" (more like metallic yellow to me) is pretty nice too

I wanted to sell my K100d to upgrade to K-X (K10D stays for iso 100 work / WR / Manual Focus / second body) but someone just HAS to remind me that I still want an IR converted body! I guess the good ol 100 isn't going anywhere

Last edited by Andi Lo; 10-19-2009 at 03:08 PM.
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I can't help you on colour coordination, but are you suggesting we can somehow choose custom colours and have them shipped here? Any idea what sort of premium that carries in terms of the actual price of the camera there plus the shipping and middleman profit? I'm still using just a K100D so I'm looking at K-x.
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just checked on price and apparently it'll be available for 80,000 Y (880 USD)... + middleman + shipping fees will probably end up to around 1000 USD. Maybe I should just get the red one
10-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nahhh.... you WANT the color that you WANT. Like you, i drool over the yellows and oranges.
I want one just because it is a camera NO ONE will take seriously and it will take seriously good pictures!

mike

10-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by schmik Quote
Nahhh.... you WANT the color that you WANT. Like you, i drool over the yellows and oranges.
I want one just because it is a camera NO ONE will take seriously and it will take seriously good pictures!

mike
Indeed, I was hoping that it won't be taken seriously, maybe even less so than a P&S since it's yellow. Especially with DA 21 limited.... and a fuji canister lenscap
10-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
i would like silver, then get silver FA limited editions to match