Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: My Photographic Gear is worth (replacement value)
Between $500 - $1,000 3512.07%
Between $1,001 - $5,000 15954.83%
Between $5,001 - $10,000 7124.48%
Let's leave it at it is outside the catagories above 258.62%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
counting all my gear, bags, tripods, monopod, brackets, flashes, triggers, other lighting gear, etc...plus the camera gear itself....I am scared to learn I am pushing the upper end of option #2...zoikes!! After just a couple years of getting back into the hobby...and I am not done yet...not even close lense wise...hold me, I'm scared!!!

He who dies with the most toys wins, right?

12-25-2009, 01:52 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
counting all my gear, bags, tripods, monopod, brackets, flashes, triggers, other lighting gear, etc...plus the camera gear itself....I am scared to learn I am pushing the upper end of option #2...zoikes!! After just a couple years of getting back into the hobby...and I am not done yet...not even close lense wise...hold me, I'm scared!!!

He who dies with the most toys wins, right?
are you kidding me? 6 months past and you haven't breached the option two mark yet?
12-25-2009, 03:04 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
are you kidding me? 6 months past and you haven't breached the option two mark yet?
hangs head in shame...goes to sleep because, well, it's either that or go into the corner and eat dirt...because I am a failure and that is what I deserve....

Still in my defense had I not returned the 50-135 due to SDM Crib Death I would be well over the 5k Mendoza Line!!
12-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #64

Well I have an advantage. And a disadvantage. Both involve my "chidren," two dogs.

They were kind enough to allow me to purchase a great deal of upscale photo equipment over the last six months which has left a serious dent in their inheritance.

Considering that they don't have an opposible thumb and wouldn't be able to use the cameras, this makes them very kind and Mom's best friends indeed.

They consoled me with the fact that not only can you not take it with you, they don't have any pockets. Sage advice.

Like all sentient beings they are not always so benevolent, so I've hedged my bets for future camera equipment, like a 4th and 5th lens for the K20D, with a purchase of a Boston Market baked chicken of their very own for their Christmas dinner.

12-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pardes Quote
Well I have an advantage. And a disadvantage. Both involve my "chidren," two dogs.

They were kind enough to allow me to purchase a great deal of upscale photo equipment over the last six months which has left a serious dent in their inheritance.

Considering that they don't have an opposible thumb and wouldn't be able to use the cameras, this makes them very kind and Mom's best friends indeed.

They consoled me with the fact that not only can you not take it with you, they don't have any pockets. Sage advice.

Like all sentient beings they are not always so benevolent, so I've hedged my bets for future camera equipment, like a 4th and 5th lens for the K20D, with a purchase of a Boston Market baked chicken of their very own for their Christmas dinner.

I want Boston Market baked/roasted chicken!! We don't have any Boston Markets anywhere near anymore...but LOVED them when we did...amazing good home cooked foods!

so fun...talk about a "mutt 'n jeff" duo!! But, they look like happy sorts, so no surprise they let you spend a bit of their inheritance w/o putting you into a, ahem, home for the "chronically addicted photography buff".
12-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I want Boston Market baked/roasted chicken!! We don't have any Boston Markets anywhere near anymore...but LOVED them when we did...amazing good home cooked foods!

so fun...talk about a "mutt 'n jeff" duo!! But, they look like happy sorts, so no surprise they let you spend a bit of their inheritance w/o putting you into a, ahem, home for the "chronically addicted photography buff".
Well I COULD be talked into airmailing a Boston Market chicken packed in dry ice, this is, if you feed my addiction with new possibilities. I had to whisper so the dogs don't plan an "intervention."
12-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #67
Pentaxian

I know exactly how much I have spent because I just added it all to my insurance policy and Pentax alone is over 25k in three years...My only regret is the K-7...
12-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I too just totaled it up, and I am just a hairs breath under, but still in the middle category after 5 years. However, I really don't need any additional lenses, my bodies are just fine and the "mechanical and structural" items should not be needing to be replaced any time soon, so I think that I am there....

01-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Somehow I managed to get adopted by about 50 lenses in my first year of Pentax ownership. I did manage quite a few sub $20 Ebay buys but did buy a brand new Bigma, DA55-300, FA 50 f1.4 and a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 so I know I spent a few $s. I'd hate to guess how many. Upper end of choice 2 and possibly into category 3 but I did recover and make a very tiny profit on the 2 Sigma kit lenses I bought with the K20D.
01-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #70
Site Supporter

I voted based on my cost to replace and included the darkroom stuff. Too much money! Too bad I couldn't sell it all for that much

Steve

(Was doing fine until I remembered all the film cameras...)
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #71
Veteran Member

OMG I have really crossed the 2nd option without adding the camera body.
I have spent a lot in just two years.
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Second category. About two weeks ago I doubled my investment in Pentax gear. Can't wait till my K10D comes back from service so I can finally use it.
01-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #73
Pentaxian

Just added it up and didn't like the answer.

The list reminded me that I need to carrry out my threats to sell what I don't use regularly. Or at least those that I haven't used in a year.
01-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #74
Pentaxian

I didn't answer your poll because i don't want to think about it ...LOL

I just want the 5 images i print to 30x40ish and frame accordingly every year that hangs on my walls and i'm happy
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #75

I am rather new in photography, and I still am in cat 1.
I guess that buying only one of the "superior" lenses would be sufficient to jump to cat 2, so everybody in cat 1 has only kit lenses and old lenses (this is my case).