Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #1

Color PentaxK200D

I don't care what I adjust, I feel the color sways to Blue/Green Casts on all Photos?

Does anyone else have this problem... I have been shooting in AV, NATURAL, with settings ALL on 1/2 Mark.. Sat/Hue/Contrast/ Sharpness..

The image in camera looks beautiful on monitor, but when transferred to PC, and taken to Photoshop... the colors are not true... example Grass appears to have a yellow cast..

10-21-2009, 05:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
mornin' fellow new englandah !!
i've been using my k200d for quite some time with no such issues...
check your white balance settings.... if on awb, check the shooting conditions...
bright sun, cloudy etc, and adjust the awb accordingly ...
just out of curiosity, is this happening with all your lenses??
(what are you using?)... also, one of our moderators, marc sabatella, is very knowledgable and a k200d owner/user to boot, might be a good idea to p.m. him...
10-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Colorspace? RAW or JPEG? If RAW, I had similar problems then I changed the profile on lightroom
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Also, has your monitor been recently calbrated using a hardware coloriment like the Spyder, Huey, or simialr product? If not, that's your problem right there. Also could be color management settings in your software, or the color profile you are using - lots of technical things that can cause display of color to not be accurate. Unfortunately, I don't really understand any of those details.

Really, though, color is an extremely subjective thing. If you shoot JPEG and are thus bound to some extent by the camera's WB choices, you can go into the custom image menu and tweak the color for the various WB presets. I have no idea how that work, because I find shooting JPEG too much work compared to shooting RAW, so I haven't really explored the various JPEG customizations that exist, If I decide I don't like the color in a picture, I just nudge the WB slider whichever way I want in ACDSee Pro; if I've got a whole bunch of pitures where I have a similar issue with the WB chosen by the camera, I simply customize on in ACDSee and copy that same setitng to the others.