Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a K-x?
I have a K-7 and I would rather keep it 11251.61%
I have a K-7 and would rather have a K-x 135.99%
I don't have a K-7 9242.40%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those who already have a K-7, would you rather have a K-x?

Those who already have a K-7, would you rather have a K-x?

10-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
im sure they are curious :P
10-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #3

no way would i trade in my k7 - kx sure does have nice high iso performance but k7 when you shoot in raw is still pretty nice (i never shoot jpeg unless its to use the in built hdr function) and other than the high iso jpeg's kx offers nothing on the k7

would take a kx for a second body though if i descide i need one - but since i have not tried my hand at any sort of professional work well if my camera breaks its an annoyance not something i'm gonna get sued over =)
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Honestly, I haven't even really thought of it. I have a K-7 and while the K-x looks great, all I'm thinking about is shooting more with what I have right now.

10-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Honestly, I haven't even really thought of it. I have a K-7 and while the K-x looks great, all I'm thinking about is shooting more with what I have right now.
That's how it should be!

I would be doing the same but my white K-x hasn't come yet
10-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Inactive Account

So far I would say, "I love my K7!"

This is a great little camera and while some are saying the High ISO is better in the Kx There are other features of the K7 that are more important to me. I need a battery grip - not for long shoots, but because I have large hands and nerve damge. The size, wieght, and shape of the K7 really helps me keep steady.

Devs
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #7

anyone that is in this situation can easily enough sell the k7 and buy a kx and have some change left over - but honestly i doubt many k7 owners would hand over there cameras for a lesser spec'd machine

10-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Pentaxian

The difference between the K7 and KX is like comparing a superceded BMW M5 with a new BMW 525i. Sure, the new car/camera has lots of modcons, but the older car/camera has the feel and performance of a top-of-the-range product.
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Im very happy with my K-7, and I'll be happy when I have it and a K-X.

Thusly I can't join in your poll.

mutters
10-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

High ISO performance is not the only thing that I'm looking for in a camera. so the answer is NO ! but a K-7 + the new Sony sensor, that I would consider.
10-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Wow, I can't believe ANYONE voted yes to this. I'm definitely in the minority here, but I think high ISO performance may be one of the most overrated attributes of the DSLR. Aside from that comparison, in what other way is the K-x possibly better? (as a side note, I'd love a custom colored K-x, but absolutely NOT in place of my K-7...which I Loooooove).
10-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
Wow, I can't believe ANYONE voted yes to this. I'm definitely in the minority here, but I think high ISO performance may be one of the most overrated attributes of the DSLR. Aside from that comparison, in what other way is the K-x possibly better? (as a side note, I'd love a custom colored K-x, but absolutely NOT in place of my K-7...which I Loooooove).
are you kidding me? why would you be in the minority?
10-26-2009, 03:43 AM   #13

Keep my K-7. K-x high iso noise while looks good, K-7 still has more to offer - most of my photo work is done indoors so high iso not much or a issue when tripod comes into play and there's easy workarounds which make a noticeable difference to reduce high iso noise on K-7 such as reducing in camera sharpness to far left and use natural profile instead of default bright profile.
10-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
if you put their prices in context, it is difficult to pick k7.
Yes people would still be chosing k7 those who value extra functionality of cam.

but people like me, who want basic cam with good IQ without paying much, would definitely pick kx over k7.

Anyway if you want to really compare, imagine that if k-x sensor was in k7 body and then there was k7 as we have. Which one would you pick given both cost the same.
My guess is larger number of people will pick k7 with k-x sensor in it. Why, because it produces better images than k7 sensor.
10-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #15
Veteran Member

The K-x may perhaps have slightly better high ISO performance, but the K-7 simply is a better tool in the hands of a capable photographer.

I consider myself to be a capable photographer from a technical point-of-view btw, not from a creative point-of-view.

I cannot imagine myself using the K-x as its interface is just too limiting...

Wim
Closed Thread