Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #1

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 compatible with Pentax K-7 Multi-Segment Metering

The user manual in page 113 says that "the center-weighted metering mode is automatically set even if you select the multi-segment metering mode when using lens other than a DA, DA L, D FA, FA J, FA, F or A lens......."

That means if I am using the Sigma Lens I can not use the Multi-Segment Metering mode ?

10-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Multisegment metering works with any third party lenses that are equivalent to those specific Pentax lens types. Any autofocus lens should work. Manual focus lenses work if they support auto-aperture.
10-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Like Mark says, any modern AF third-party lens will work just fine with matrix metering. I have the 30/1.4 and it works perfectly.
10-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #4

This is basically referring to any manual lens that doesn't report its aperture status, aka M series lens.

10-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brosen Quote
The user manual in page 113 says that "the center-weighted metering mode is automatically set even if you select the multi-segment metering mode when using lens other than a DA, DA L, D FA, FA J, FA, F or A lens......."

That means if I am using the Sigma Lens I can not use the Multi-Segment Metering mode ?
Pentax also guilty of promoting their own lenses in the Instruction Manual.
Nothing unusual about that...Canon, Nikon and Sony do that in their manuals , too....

Basically any lens which has Auto Exposure capability with the Pentax body will be compatible multi-segment metering mode, and that includes most newer Sigma and Tamron lenses.