Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 images in jpg ooc wanted

I'm shooting jpg, thus I'm interested in good jpg ooc. Another important factor for me is for a camera to well neogciate high isos.

So far I've been extremely lucky with my K100d Super. I recently bought a GX20 as they have an extraordinarily price tag now, but I'm not too happy about the jpgs this nice camera produces for the AWB which never gets it right (ok, it's me who never gets it right, I know). Plus high iso is neither satisfactorily so I mainly stick to the K100dS.

At this point I was convinced I'd be in the trade for a K7 when it'll be getting sold for reasonable prices. Now I've seen the breathtaking images of the Kx and suddenly I'm becoming uncertain if K7 is the answer. Yet I don't like that the focus points have been omitted on the Kx.

So at this point I'd be interested in as much K7 jpgs ooc as possible to see if they appeal to me. So thanks for links to those jpg images.

If those jpgs look good, the last question is weather Pentax will launch a K7 (successor) with the Kx Sony Chip any time soon. This would certainly pest me, if I had previously bought a K7.

10-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #2

I mainly shoot raw DNG on K-7 which is probably best If I have to shoot jpeg and high iso, to reduce noise I just change from default bright profile to natural profile and set sharpness to furthest left setting once >800 ISO is needed.
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marignac Quote
So far I've been extremely lucky with my K100d Super. I recently bought a GX20 as they have an extraordinarily price tag now, but I'm not too happy about the jpgs this nice camera produces for the AWB which never gets it right (ok, it's me who never gets it right, I know). Plus high iso is neither satisfactorily so I mainly stick to the K100dS.
The GX20 should be *better*, not worse, at high ISO. At least, when comparing images at the same sizes - if you try blowing up the K20D image bigger, you'll indeed see more noise. As for AWB never getting it "right", you might want to post some images. Color perception is an *extremely* subjective thing, but the GX20 should let you customize how its WB setting work. Also, be sure your monitor is properly calibrated.