Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The "silly thing I just noticed about my camera" thread

For the first time in two years of owning my K10D, I just noticed that the brightness of the display in the viewfinder changes when you move from a dark scene to a brighter scene.

Neat!

10-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
For the first time in two years of owning my K10D, I just noticed that the brightness of the display in the viewfinder changes when you move from a dark scene to a brighter scene.

Neat!
Really? I didn't know that...
For me, a thing that I suddenly noticed, was that you can zoom in and out of your images using green button and exp. comp. button. Though, when I ran to forum to tell this to everybody, found it was already in the "green button usage page"
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I spent a month with my FA28-105 power-zoom lens before I realized you can slide the zoom ring back to change it to manual zoom mode. Didn't have a manual for it so I assumed it was power-zoom all the time; I like the lens much better now.
10-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
Forum Member

I recently discovered (by accident ) that you can zoom directly to 1:1 in playback mode by pressing the trashcan button. This is on *ist DS but I assume the behavior is the same on all models. Really useful!

10-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by retroflex Quote
I recently discovered (by accident ) that you can zoom directly to 1:1 in playback mode by pressing the trashcan button. This is on *ist DS but I assume the behavior is the same on all models. Really useful!
If you discovered this by accident, you should probably think twice about using the trash-can button for this purpose Since I'm accident-prone, I avoid that button.
10-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
If you discovered this by accident, you should probably think twice about using the trash-can button for this purpose Since I'm accident-prone, I avoid that button.

Not really easy to accidentally remove a photo though, since when you press the trashcan button you have to move right and press ok to actually remove the photo. At least on my ancient body.
10-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Not really easy to accidentally remove a photo though, since when you press the trashcan button you have to move right and press ok to actually remove the photo. At least on my ancient body.
Wait a minute... You press trashcan, it asks you if you want to delete. How do you zoom?

10-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #8

Catch in focus with manual lenses. Turn on catch in focus, push capture button on the way down, turn focus ring, camera fires when in focus.
10-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Not sure I understand the green button zooming thingy...

However, when you ARE zoomed in on an image, pressing OK OR the trash button will bring you back to 1:1 maginfication (zoom back, if you will).
10-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #10
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
However, when you ARE zoomed in on an image, pressing OK OR the trash button will bring you back to 1:1 maginfication (zoom back, if you will).
1:1 is 100% dude. As in totally zoomed in.

About green button - you do have to initiate zoom with a wheel. So, at least one click with the wheel, then green button/+- work as zoom in/out.
10-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #11
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
About green button - you do have to initiate zoom with a wheel. So, at least one click with the wheel, then green button/+- work as zoom in/out.
Sounds a bit redundant, but useful when you don't really want the noisy clicking wheel sounds. Like, on a conference.
10-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
1:1 is 100% dude. As in totally zoomed in.
True, I actually meant totally zoomed out (viewing the full image), not 1:1.
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found out that other people like looking at my pictures, whether they've got noise in them or not, and they don't ask to see them at 100% on the monitor!
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by retroflex Quote
I'm presuming you mean when already zoomed in, and you press the delete button. I'm guessing you also mean it takes you back to the full image (what Pentax calls 1x zoom, at least for images rotated to match the screen aspect), rather than 1:1 - at least, that's the behaviour on the K-7. Pressing the delete button when zoomed in essentially cancels the playback zoom, and takes you to a full view of the image. 1:1 would imply to me one image pixel per screen pixel, which isn't possible on the K-7 - it's near to but not exactly at 8x zoom.
10-29-2009, 04:59 AM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
I'm presuming you mean when already zoomed in, and you press the delete button. I'm guessing you also mean it takes you back to the full image (what Pentax calls 1x zoom, at least for images rotated to match the screen aspect), rather than 1:1 - at least, that's the behaviour on the K-7. Pressing the delete button when zoomed in essentially cancels the playback zoom, and takes you to a full view of the image. 1:1 would imply to me one image pixel per screen pixel, which isn't possible on the K-7 - it's near to but not exactly at 8x zoom.
Yup. I used the wrong expression as explained in my last post.