Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #16

K10D - AF button or ...

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
I beg to disagree that manual focus or picking a point other than dead center is more accurate. Why would the 10 other AF points be more accurate that the center? news to me. Manual focus more accurate that AF? also news to me. ...
You are absolutely spot on!
I would add that I prefer to select the autofocus point to prevent the camera choosing a high contrast of the background to focus on (when I am in a hurry I can miss the warning red box). In the setup I couple the focus point to the matrix area so that I can take the focus and exposure then (not forgetting the good old rule of thirds! It can be broken it you choose!) reframe and shoot. It works for me and I have been in photography since long before point and shoot or autofoces. In fact before auto diaphram, fly back mirror and even before the pentaprism! We still had a life (photographically even then).
photog

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, method, photography