Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #61

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jerrymouse Quote
Custom menu 1, 3rd option, switch it to "2 - On".
Thank you Jerrymouse

10-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Daemos Quote
I think I'm going to go 50mm at f/8
It seems the sweet spot of the lens is f/5.6 (according to the charts on the review) I wonder why MTF does a f/4
I think what you've done so far (both sets) have been just fine -
I found I could find something interesting in both sets -
it may not be perfect for everyone -
but then what is perfect - and is it actually attainable/possible for everyone?

Only do more tests if you want to see more -
ie: if you are not satisfied with the results so far,
and not due to peer pressure.

I think f/8 is a fine idea - as that would give good depth of field so more objects would be in focus and it is close to the sweet spot.

I think you should always go with reputable tests of lenses -
I too am a bit surprised at the MTF result of f/4.

Most lenses seem to be optimal between f/5.6 and f/8 -
but that is merely my impression.
10-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #63
Veteran Member

What this shows is the dirty little secret no one wants to admit. You can **** around with jpg settings, LR settings, NR settings and christ knows what else until you get caluses from the measurbation.

Truth is, expensive lens/cheap lens .... expensive camera/cheap camera .... you have to NAIL the focus. IMHO the Kx is not focussed correctly and this has a much larger impact than anythign else we could do as photographers.
10-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #64

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
What this shows is the dirty little secret no one wants to admit. You can **** around with jpg settings, LR settings, NR settings and christ knows what else until you get caluses from the measurbation.

Truth is, expensive lens/cheap lens .... expensive camera/cheap camera .... you have to NAIL the focus. IMHO the Kx is not focussed correctly and this has a much larger impact than anythign else we could do as photographers.
Kx was focused correctly.

What i'm wondering if this was a faulty Kx.

This is quite an arrogant statement. esp when you have contributed NOTHING to help.

10-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #65
Veteran Member

I am no thaving a dig at you, I am REALLY struggling with my 20D, sometimes images are super sharp and other times soft as wet pastry. Shuter speeds are fine, ISO fine, aperture ia fine and exposure is fine .... but the image is soft. Next image is sharp.

I don't trust cameras at all regarding focus.
10-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #66

Original Poster
I went out today, and went to another store:

Version 3 of my comparision of the K7 vs the KX with download links. I hope this will make everyone happy now =D

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/78098-k7-vs-kx-pic...available.html