Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #1

K200d aperture problem

Hey guys,

Righty friday night my camera took a fall from the worktop.. since then it will turn on.. but will not focus.. and will not let me set the aperture.. the f just flashes with 2 --

Anybody know if there is and easy repair for this or am i going to have to take it into a shop?? At first i thought it might have been the lens, but i have tried other lens and its the same with them..

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Steve

10-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If the aperture display flashes --, that's saying it is unabel to read the aperture from the lens. Normally that is read using the little metal ball-bearing-like contacts on the camera and lens. So step one is to check those for damage, clean them if necessary, and try again. Not sure what lenses you are trying, but if they have aperture rings, make sure thy are in the "A" position, of course.
10-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hello, and thanks for your quick reply.. Righty, when it fell i had the standard 18-55 lens, there was no damage i could see to lens or camera, and no visible damage to the contacts. Also tried my Tamron 70-300 same with that.. and it was on the A postion.. and the same for my manual 50mm lens... On another note.. when you put on the manual lens as im sure you know it asks you what lengh the lens is.. Well when i put the 50mm on now.. it does not even ask me that.. Would the contact points def be damaged then??

Marc, your a genius.. I took the actually ring off and cleaned it.. and went over the contacts with a screwdriver.. put it all back together.. and hey presto she is working agian.. You just saved my weekend mate.. Thanks loads.. id have never thought about doing that if you hadnt said

Last edited by steveuk30; 10-29-2009 at 03:39 AM.
10-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Glad it worked out!