Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jacksonpritt Quote
Amazon's body-only price is now $1,108.31
Amazon's kit price is now $1,101.89

...is it just me or is it idiotic for them to price it so that you pay MORE for the privilege of NOT getting a lens?
I find that Amazon has some kind of electronic pricing that automatically raises the price once the item is low in supply, until they get more supply it drops again. I think this is the cause right now.

11-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #17

Count me among those who got the K-x instead of the K7 (but keeping the K10).
Im going to wait another year and see whats going on then ( K7 for cheap ? successor out ? announcement of FF body ?).
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yeah, the high-ISO performance on the K-x has definitely made me stop and reconsider my next camera purchase.

I was dead-set on getting a K-7 for a while (and still probably will), but I'm kind of considering waiting until the K-7 successor comes out...
And when you do... You'll wait for that successor's successor to come out. Technology is always rapidly changing, life's too short to wait all the time. The K-7 is a steal right now.
11-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #19

And the K-7 will be even more of a steal when it drops in price.

11-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Psynema Quote
$1020 now at Amazon, down from $1049

Is the K-x responsible?
No, it's because the price of oranges has come down.

/and you're comparing apples
11-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #21
Veteran Member

And the K-7 will be even more of a steal when it drops in price.
That's because the K-7 replacement will be the new "steal" to replace the current K-7, therefore the K-7 will be the "more of a steal"; but when comparing this K-7 when it hits the "more of a steal" stage, newer camera technology will be out that makes the K-7 the "more of a steal", it is what will also make the K-7 replacement what it is to be the new "steal". So technically, no matter what, the price will be what it is. So if you want to use the K-7 on what it is today then you can get it today, otherwise you can get it next year where it will not be what it is today when in comparison with other cameras that are out that day.
11-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
So if you want to use the K-7 on what it is today then you can get it today, otherwise you can get it next year where it will not be what it is today when in comparison with other cameras that are out that day.
...and miss a year of photos he could've shot with the K-7 in the meantime. ;-)

11-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
Veteran Member

by the time that Pentax releases a new body next year, whether it is an APS-C with a great sensor or a FF with a great sensor, I always have the K-7 as my second body.

for me, a year of waiting is too long and not worth the 400 dollar savings. because by then, the K-7 would be only limited as a good backup for the more or much better newer camera body. although the K-7 is priced at 1,100 on average, that would only cost you about 30-40 bucks per month given the scenario that the K-7 would cost at around 800 next year around July. as some mentioned, that is a year's work lost due to waiting, all for the sake of 30 bucks a month.

for me, the mentality of "I'm just going to wait til next year til the price drop or a new camera" would only lead the person to an endless circle or round of waiting over and over again which would leave the person body-less. this is becoming more prevalent nowadays because new cameras are born every year which can be better than the old one.