Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 - How to auto zoom in/out picture review

With the k100D, if I need to review a picture just taken, I can just slide the e-dial one time and then press the "Av +/-" button to zoom into the picture and the "AE-L" button to zoom out again. I am so used to this shortcut that I find it pretty uncomfortable that the K-7 is unable to do this.

With the K-7, I can zoom into the picture by pressing the "Av +/-" button but I can't zoom out again, no matter what buttons I pressed. Is there a way to make the K-7 zoom in/out a picture the same way as the k100D?

10-31-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
With the K200D and the K-x, when in playback mode, I just turn the e-dial back and forth while the image is displayed to zoom in and out, and the four-way controller to scroll around within the enlarged image.

Is that what you mean to do?
10-31-2009, 05:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I use the wheel to zoom in and out with my K-7, then I press the garbage can to go back to full view.
10-31-2009, 05:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes...but not quite...with the k100D, pressing the Av+/- button continuously will zoom into the picture from 1x to 12x without turning the e-dial, and pressing the AE-L button continuously will zoom out again from 12x to 1x. It makes reviewing picture a snap as I can quickly zoom in on a picture to a 8x zoom setting to see if the pic is sharp. I am just trying to duplicate this feature in the K-7

10-31-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
With the K-7, I can zoom into the picture by pressing the "Av +/-" button but I can't zoom out again, no matter what buttons I pressed. Is there a way to make the K-7 zoom in/out a picture the same way as the k100D?
The same function to zoom out in the K-7 is with the Green button
Page 216 of the K-7 manual.
10-31-2009, 09:02 AM   #6

thats the way^^

good to hear you took the plunge
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You could also try this:

You can adjust the default zoom steps of the e-dial when you use it to zoom in on an image, as I described above.

By default the first zoom click is 1.2x, but you can change that to make the first zoom click on e-dial to be anything up to 32x.

So in one click you can go to maximum zoom on an image.

[From p215 of the K7 electronic manual].

The same feature works on the K-x.
10-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
I use the wheel to zoom in and out with my K-7, then I press the garbage can to go back to full view.
Why not just use the OK button? I mean, that trash can shortcut has disaster written all over it, my man!

10-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the input.

Thanks Kittykat. That green button works for me and is exactly what I am looking for.

Bentax - Yes. I made the plunge after talking to you. Ordered from Vanbar for A$1250. The cam came with about 300 shutter counts (I guess this is normal), all the buttons seems ok, no green line probs yet (thank God), SR works too (thank God again). Just upgraded to 1.02 firmware yesterday.

Only other question is: Any shortcut buttons to enable/disable SR without going into the menus? K100D has a SR switch but the K-7 hasn't.
10-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Bentax - Yes. I made the plunge after talking to you. Ordered from Vanbar for A$1250. The cam came with about 300 shutter counts (I guess this is normal), all the buttons seems ok, no green line probs yet (thank God), SR works too (thank God again). Just upgraded to 1.02 firmware yesterday.

Only other question is: Any shortcut buttons to enable/disable SR without going into the menus? K100D has a SR switch but the K-7 hasn't.
I got my K7 from the Vanbar $1250 deal as well, freaking awesome!

I've found that I seem to access the Control Panel view quite a bit. Press the info button to get into it (I turn off the status screen, otherwise you might have to press info twice), and then navigate over to where SR is and use the rear edial to turn it on or off. It's actually about the same number of button presses as going though the menu button route, but it's less complicated visually.