Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K100D Super loses exposure settings between power on/off

I shoot mostly manual when it comes to flash photography, and have to set in my Tv and Av settings. I have noticed sometimes that between powering on of the camera, the settings are lost. E.g. I recently dialed in 1/60 and f/5.6 and shot a few pics, powered off the camera. When the power came back on, the Tv was at 1/15 and the Av at f/2.8.

Not sure how this is happening, and my first hunch was that I was accidentally pressing the AE-L button (coming from K10D, I am still getting adjusted to K100D). I am also thinking it could be bad batteries, although I recharged them a day before.

Anyone has had this same issue happen to them?

Thanks!

10-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It happens to me from time to time when I open the battery door. I just keep an eye out for it. It doesn't happen often enough for me to consider it a big problem.
10-31-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Its happened to me between battery changes. I think the exposure settings may be one of those which the camera "forgets" if the battery is removed for too long.
Just the normal steps in removing the flat batteries, putting in a freshly recharged set should be fine.
10-31-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

You may need to check the menu for which setting the camera remembers. My K200D has a setting that lists what the camera will keep, your camera may have the same thing.

Rick