View Poll Results: What do you do with your neck strap
Use strap around the neck 30047.85%
Use strap around the wrist 11818.82%
No strap you have a death grip from hell 507.97%
You rotate it neck, wrist, hell grip, what ever!!!!!!! 15925.36%
Voters: 627. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #121

Usually keep a good hand strap on that can easily be converted to full strap by adding via clips.

12-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did anyone mention the "R-Strap" system? I would think this would be ideal for those lugging two cameras at once.
I personally don't go out without the starpped camera(s) ... too scared to drop it in the salt marsh!

JP
12-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #123
Closed Account

I use this. When attached, I usually hang the camera around my neck, but I unclip the strap when doing macro or tripod work. It eliminates the hassles of a strap when I don't want the hassles.
12-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by enoxatnep Quote
I use this. When attached, I usually hang the camera around my neck, but I unclip the strap when doing macro or tripod work. It eliminates the hassles of a strap when I don't want the hassles.
That "Transporter" is much the same as the "R-Strap" system I wasmentioning.
Good to bring this up.
JP

12-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #125
Pentaxian

After working with my new Pentax leather wrist strap, I love it! It's a snap to cinch up on the wrist, and easy to release- very secure, yet easy to access the controls.
12-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #126

Original Poster
I need a wrist strap my girlfriend dropped my k100ds last night and broke the kit lens but the body was fine! the neck strap was around her shoulder
12-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #127
Veteran Member

I rotate; never pay much attention, but it is always 'secured'.

12-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rotate, but mostly on the shoulder, Lens facing my back, or looped over top of pack straps.

Actually miss the design of my Minolta Vectis APS cam the most - strap eyelets on on side of the camera. Easy to hang on right shoulder and bring up with right hand and not worry about straps getting in the way.
12-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #129

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
After working with my new Pentax leather wrist strap, I love it! It's a snap to cinch up on the wrist, and easy to release- very secure, yet easy to access the controls.
Which Pentax wrist strap are you using?
I am planning on buying a K7 this weekend and would like to get a nice wrist strap to go with it.
12-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jacksonpritt Quote
Which Pentax wrist strap are you using?
I am planning on buying a K7 this weekend and would like to get a nice wrist strap to go with it.
This one. It's a quality strap- works great. It attaches to the right side strap loop and to the tripod mount, but has another tripod mount on it's mounting plate so you can leave it attached.
12-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #131
Pentaxian

Huge thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I use a Camdapter wrist strap. Previously I used an LowePro/Optech neoprene neck-strap, but it kept getting in the way during panos on the tripod (about half my shots are on a tripod). This leather wrist strap, or more correctly a "back-of-the-hand strap," keeps the camera in hand and comfy with even my bigger lenses (50-135, not much of a teleshooter). One hand is never free, but it works for me.
12-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #132
MGV

Around neck and shoulder.
12-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #133
Veteran Member

In 40 years, I've never not had a strap on my camera
12-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #134
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I do like monochrome's old school mantra, always wrist or neck or don't touch.

Seems like I've caught an allergy on the sides of my neck, and it seems like it's from excessive neckwearing the camera in the summer (biking with it which is very nice for my bellyshooting technique). The allergy is just a darkened skin area, nothing dramatic but now I have to look for a non-plastic non-nothing strap, will look for old school linen. Anybody have such 'eco-straps'?

There there ! The evil Pentax strap !
12-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
Seems like I've caught an allergy on the sides of my neck, and it seems like it's from excessive neckwearing the camera in the summer (biking with it which is very nice for my bellyshooting technique). The allergy is just a darkened skin area, nothing dramatic but now I have to look for a non-plastic non-nothing strap, will look for old school linen. Anybody have such 'eco-straps'?
Not quite but I have been using Tamrac straps for years, most of mine are genuine suede but I do have one older one that had a suede/lambs wool strap, no matter the load it never gets uncomfortable. The units I use (N-45) also have quick releases like some other straps mentioned in this thread. They are invaluable as I find that it's near impossible to work on a tripod effectively with a strap dangling off the camera.

Tamrac - Camera Straps