Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
here is one more - screwed up reds.
The reds may be technically screwed up, but I like them anyways. I would be quite happy with that shot.

11-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The both are really bad. You've proved my theory at 100% with this photos.
Nonsense. He proved that the camera is capable of two totally different results depending on settings and processing. And if it's capable of those two results, it's capable of lots more too - including ones you'd be happy with.
11-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Nonsense. He proved that the camera is capable of two totally different results depending on settings and processing. And if it's capable of those two results, it's capable of lots more too - including ones you'd be happy with.
I think ogl has every right to doubt the color reproduction capability of K-x until he finds the result that's not too muted or overcooked like those two samples. You can't really believe it until you see it for yourself, right? I hope the earlier poster can give him the raw so he can see for himself whether the files can be processed to his liking or not.
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I think ogl has every right to doubt the color reproduction capability of K-x until he finds the result that's not too muted or overcooked like those two samples. You can't really believe it until you see it for yourself, right? I hope the earlier poster can give him the raw so he can see for himself whether the files can be processed to his liking or not.

1. I think you are correct he has every right to doubt colors. But if you are reading thread carefully you will notice that his point is not only about k-x.
His point is that sony sensors some how screw colors, and since k-x uses sony sensor its supposed to be screwed up too.
Now the point is nikon, pentax and sony has many cams with sony sensors. So according to his theory roughly 30 to 40% of SLRS are useless for photography.
For me, on the one had there is sony corp with years of sensor design experience (along with pentax and nikon who use these sensors) and with lot of so called experts in field and on the other hand OGL and his russian friends. I mean its the hardest thing to chose from about who is right.

Obviously sony produces screwed up sensors. Correct??

2. I wish to upload raws to some oneline site so that people can play with them. I am trying to figure out how and where to put. Anyhelp would be well appreciated.

11-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #125

mediafire is a good place to upload files, free and unlimited storage.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
11-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #126
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RAW from shop are not interesting. RAW from K-x's reviews are not impressed.
11-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #127
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
RAW from shop are not interesting. RAW from K-x's reviews are not impressed.
What are you comparing to? As a previous user of the Canon 40D (supposedly good at high ISO) and Pentax K20D (actually good at high ISO), the K-x's RAW files are impressing me quite a bit. The noise levels at 400 are hardly any different than at 200 (and remind me of the K20D at 100) and when critical sharpness is achieved, this sensor is SHARP.

11-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #128
Veteran Member

Here is a link to dng file of that picture.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hjxzzm2mnjm/IMGP3674.zip

let me know if you can download/ can not download.
11-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
The reds may be technically screwed up, but I like them anyways. I would be quite happy with that shot.

you know i think that shot was at 1/6000 sec 50mm f1.2 wide open. This is one more good thing about kx that it goes to 1/6000 secs. Sweet.
11-09-2009, 03:08 AM   #130
ogl
Banned

f/3.5 at 18 mm = not good resolution, but here is my version

http://fotkidepo.ru/photo/132601/24445pwW2GP2SlT/GZa8syV6SN/416914.jpg

I made warmer, but it's real to make colder. 4500-4800 K.

As for colours - not bad.

Last edited by ogl; 11-09-2009 at 07:28 AM.
11-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #131
Veteran Member

I found some more K-X pics and I hope this has not been posted before,
Pentax K-x Review - Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG
(scroll down for RAW pics)

And more color checking here (klick the "full review" tab and then scroll down to the last third)
Pentax K-x, digital cameras, digital photography, photography, digital slr, camera recommendation, price comparison, photographic companies, camera companies, digital camera best prices,

Ogl, please give me more reasons not to buy the K-X :-)

In fact I am mainly interested in caucasian skintones with manual daylight white balance, all settings neutral (JPG is important, too). I was always sceptical with CMOS-sensors for that reason but I am simply not up to date what the latest & greatest of the CMOS-competition can deliver in that regard.

Looking for excuses to just stay with my K100D .-)
Georg (the other)
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #132
Veteran Member

I think ogl has every right to doubt the color reproduction capability of K-x until he finds the result that's not too muted or overcooked like those two samples. You can't really believe it until you see it for yourself, right?
Problem is, there's simply no way for anyone else to provide images that with satisfy someone who is so particular - there is simply no way for anyone else to know exactly what he is looking for. He needs to shoot the camera himself, in lighting he controls, using processing he controls, and if he can't get the results *he* likes, that would be something - it would show the camera is *incapable* of producing results he likes. As it As it is, all he is doing is proving the subjective nature of these things - the camera is capable of producing pictures that others but he doesn't. That doesn't prove - or even come close to suggesting - that it would be incapable of producing results he liked if *he* were in control.

And even if that turned out to be true, it's pretty clear that this is an *extreme* minority opinion. There's a huge difference between saying, "my own tastes are so quirky and narrowly defined that I am unable to get results I like out of this particular model even though the rest of the world is thrilled with it" versus "this camera's colors are terrible".

QuoteQuote:
I hope the earlier poster can give him the raw so he can see for himself whether the files can be processed to his liking or not.
Since there are penty of RAW files available for download from the various review sites, that really shouldn't be necessary. But again, given that these shots will have been of scenes and in lighting he couldn't control, it's really barely worth the effort - he'll still have no way of knowing if what he is seeing reflects reality or not.
11-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #133
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
I found some more K-X pics and I hope this has not been posted before,
Pentax K-x Review - Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG
(scroll down for RAW pics)
Already downloaded RAW from this site.
Week ago.

I will buy either K-7 next year (or K-8??), or FF camera. Why this camera is not mine?

1. I'm tired of AA.
2. K-x has no AF points in VF
3. I don't like colours - even in RAW.
4. The body is small for me and no battery pack.

Last edited by ogl; 11-10-2009 at 08:24 AM.
11-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #134
Forum Member

no af point and aa battery is really a killer point for me as well
11-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #135

ISO 1600 picture - Flickr Photo Download: IMGP2751

ISO 3200 picture - Flickr Photo Download: IMGP2730

The ISO 1600 picture is a bit better, in my mind... both hand held. The 1600 is 1/15 @ f5.6...