Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I just want to add one more thing that may be very important to this whole discussion.

That tattoo on my wife's shoulder is NOT REAL.... LOL

As for the colors, I was there, the color reproduction of the costumes, wall, fake fruits, etc... except for more saturation, is very accurate.

11-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

Open your eyes and try to see real red, yellow and green. Don't you really see that red is with pink (raspberry) cast, yellow has green cast and green is unreal green?
Skintones are out of my mind. Are we from Mars? K-x's colours are some surreal.

i have camera for more than a week. Do you still believe that i am fool.

Anyway after i posted i did take a simple photo of something lying on my table that has red and yellow in it. I did not see any problems.

now which part of red is pink and which part of yellow is green??

This photo shows me exactly what my eyes see on my table. So its you not the cam.

edited to add: this is out of camera jpeg.

Last edited by zxaar; 11-03-2009 at 03:32 PM.
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
i have camera for more than a week. Do you still believe that i am fool.

Anyway after i posted i did take a simple photo of something lying on my table that has red and yellow in it. I did not see any problems.

This photo shows me exactly what my eyes see on my table. So its you not the cam.

wow i didnt know the k-x turned snacks into indian cuisine!

i've been pining for the k-7 for a while, but i might have to get this camera instead. and then wait for the k-7 to go to $600 or maybe the next gen which will hopefully have as good high iso.
11-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eyou Quote
i've been pining for the k-7 for a while, but i might have to get this camera instead. and then wait for the k-7 to go to $600 or maybe the next gen which will hopefully have as good high iso.
That's what I am doing. Getting the K-x first and then waiting to get the K-whatever-comes-after-the-7 next.

11-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #50
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote

I think you don't understand what I mean...
Have a look at yellow... Do you really see no any green cast?

Anyway, take the photo without flash and show to us.
11-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #51
Veteran Member

1. I see no green cast in the photo i posted. In fact as far as color reproduction of this photo to actual scene is concerned i would say it is more than 95% accurate. Check your moniter.

2. It is not taken in flash. The light that is shinning is tubelight over my head. It is taken in night. No adjustments are made to photo i uploaded as it is. If you want can mail you original. It is iso1600 photo taken in available light.

if you want to believe that there is a problem, go on and believe it. As a camera user I see no problems. Other observers can make their mind, they are intelligent enough.
11-04-2009, 06:52 AM   #52
Veteran Member

here is what i did:

i opened the photo in cs3, opened saturation tab. Reduced the saturation of red, yellow and blue channel. I have not touched green channel.
Here is the output:

so where is the green where yellow was.

Someone else can also download and confirm it.

Sorry but you are just dreaming.

11-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Save us the heartache and throw away all your Pentax gear. Pentax sucks. Everybody knows it. Look at that nasty green hue on all the yellow. Yuck, we all agree with you. Pentax sucks. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Samsung FTW!!! w00t!!

QuoteQuote:
In fact as far as color reproduction of this photo to actual scene is concerned i would say it is more than 95% accurate. Check your moniter.
I agree. When I took a photo with my K10D, I said wow the colors look nice, but it is a bit more vibrant than the scene actually was. When I took a photo with the K-x, the colors were more natural and accurate (but also a bit flatter). No artificial enhancements or anything. The K-x is a great camera that reproduces colors accurately and consistently.
11-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by innershell Quote
Save us the heartache and throw away all your Pentax gear. Pentax sucks. Everybody knows it. Look at that nasty green hue on all the yellow. Yuck, we all agree with you. Pentax sucks. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Samsung FTW!!! w00t!!

I agree. When I took a photo with my K10D, I said wow the colors look nice, but it is a bit more vibrant than the scene actually was. When I took a photo with the K-x, the colors were more natural and accurate (but also a bit flatter). No artificial enhancements or anything. The K-x is a great camera that reproduces colors accurately and consistently.

i shot it in portrait mode. Because the normal mode setting i changed them to minimum saturation and minimum sharpening. In normal mode it looked dull, but i liked it that way because i can saturate colors based on my taste later on.

I think for party type of photos, camera can get fooled if there are more than one light source. But this is not kx problem, it is general prob for all cams.
11-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Not sure about other colors, but skin tones in this picture are waaaay off.

QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote
There have been color, hue and saturation settings in the Pentax menu since the *istD. The new custom image menus are even better! if you don't like saturated colors, tone them up or down as needed. Choose "natural" that makes things pretty bland if you like that.

I happen to use the "bright" option with the saturation and contrast sliders bumped up a notch or two.

Here is a photo at 100 ISO, just to show how nice the colors are from a K-x.
11-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
Not sure about other colors, but skin tones in this picture are waaaay off.
The kids look fine to me, and as he's said his wife has makeup on...
11-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #57
Veteran Member

I just love it how people can't get satisfied..if it's not one thing, it's the other.
Before it was frames/sec speed and AF speed, when Pentax finally gave us speed for both, it became something else (low light sensitivity).
Now that we have low light sensitivity..on and on and on and on..blah, blah..
I guess, that is the true nature of humans..no satisfaction..being also the reason why the capitalist way is good..more products to come up with and even little improvements on existing products, people would still buy it!
I love the free market economy and all those half-glass empty people..hehe.
HEY PENTAX, WHY NOT STOP JERKING PEOPLE AROUND AND JUST GIVE US A PERFECT CAMERA FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS..NO FIRMWARE UPDATE, NO ADJUSTMENTS, AUTO-EVERYTHING, AND DID I MENTION PERFECT???
11-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
HEY PENTAX, WHY NOT STOP JERKING PEOPLE AROUND AND JUST GIVE US A PERFECT CAMERA FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS..NO FIRMWARE UPDATE, NO ADJUSTMENTS, AUTO-EVERYTHING, AND DID I MENTION PERFECT???
It's on the roadmap...
11-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
The kids look fine to me, and as he's said his wife has makeup on...
Yeah, I think the issue isn't that the camera isn't producing skin tones well, but that his wife's makeup has a slightly unnatural color when a camera flash bounces off it.
If you look at her shoulder the skin tone there looks fine, it's just her face that looks a bit off from normal.

They actually make makeups now that are specially formulated to produce accurate skin colors under camera flashes, so this is a pretty common problem.
11-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #60
Veteran Member

..or as other people here have always wanted..just re-badge/change your name to Canon or Nikon.