Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by buhbuhlee123 Quote
I thought I would update everyone on my email to Amazon about this specific kit...

The revised estimated Delivery Date is January 4.

-----------------------------------------------------

So around January 4th we can all expect our cameras to get to us.. hmmf.....

Holy crap. I don't mind waiting, but that is ridiculous. I guess I'll keep an eye on prices elsewhere and if I see a deal that's close to that price I'll cancel the Amazon order. I hope this isn't Amazon's way of trying to weasel out of this deal. I have had them do that before on a set of power tools. I ordered them and a couple days later they sent an email letting me know they had canceled my order.

Last edited by DSLRnoob; 11-05-2009 at 08:20 PM.
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
pjr

I ordered mine on October 26th... here is the reply I got today

------------------------------------------------------------
Looking into your order, I see that Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR is back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

Our latest information indicates the expected release date of this item will be December 2009. If you haven't received a shipment confirmation by December 5, let us know by visiting the URL below:

Keep in mind that your item may be available via an Amazon Marketplace seller (you'll be able to see if this is the case by conducting a normal product search on Amazon.com). If one of our partner sellers has the item, feel free to cancel your outstanding order and place a new one with Marketplace merchant.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by pjr; 11-05-2009 at 08:41 PM.
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

This is interesting! Reminds me of when I purchased my K10d from dell. They had a sweet deal shortly after the camera had been released (something around $750 after several discounts). They started send out delayed emails like the ones above, but they ended up coming alot sooner anyway. Perhaps amazon did simply mis-price some of their merchandise. I have no doubt they will honor the sales, but sounds like some of the buyers will need to be patient. Good luck!
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
Inactive Account

I ordered mine October 27th... so maybe they'll release it in December but won't get through everyone until January? It's weird to think a day could make a whole month difference. I received my email today as well.

I hope they get a shipment in sooner.. however I'm going to wait it out and in the meantime see if some other company puts it on sale.

11-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yikes... this is not good news. The only reason I ordered from them was because of the $750 deal. I may email them myself just to see what they tell me.
11-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
I thought I would update everyone on my email to Amazon about this specific kit...

-------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Iím very sorry for the delay in completing your order.

As you requested, we will continue our efforts to obtain this item for you. We appreciate your patience with this order.

I would like to inform you that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that the items " Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with 2.7-inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL and 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED Lenses (Black)" is now back-ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

Also note that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our web site are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

It appears that the current availability estimate listed on our web site may not yet reflect the most recent information provided to us by our suppliers. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

The revised estimated Delivery Date is January 4.

You won't be charged until we ship it to you. On the date of shipment, we'll send you e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

I know that this upgrading will in no way compensate for the inconvenience caused, we do care for our customers and do all we can to avail this item for you, in spite of all the efforts our reliance on suppliers and manufacturers for information about their stock, has caused this disappointment.

We are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it. This means that we will ship the item as soon as we receive it from our suppliers even if the estimated ship date has still not arrived.

-----------------------------------------------------

So around January 4th we can all expect our cameras to get to us.. hmmf.....
They said, "I know that this upgrading will in no way compensate for the inconvenience caused..."

What "upgrading" are they talking about?
11-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
Inactive Account

sorry.. they upgraded me to 2 day shipping.. however it's still january 4th.. sooooo I don't see the great upgrade.
11-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To all of you NEWBEES on this thread.......

Hey ya'll! Welcome to the forum. I am excited for you all as well with your aticipation of your Pentax equiupment. Feel free to check out every aspect of this forum as you will find it very useful!

11-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #24
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well, this was there reply to me, not helpful.

Hello,

"Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with 2.7-inch LCD..." hasn't been released yet and the expected release date is not known.

We rely on the manufacturer for release date information. Once this item has been released and we receive copies, we will be able to ship it to you.

When your order is shipped, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

Further, we have teamed up with third-party sellers to offer greater selection and added convenience for our customers. Pricing policies are determined by the individual merchant, and not by Amazon.com, so I would encourage you to contact them directly with any questions about price.

They'll be happy to help answer your question.

To contact them, click on the seller's name on the item's detail page. That link takes you to the seller's storefront where you'll be able to view policies and find contact information.

Amazon.com does not have a price-matching policy at this time for any items purchased directly from our store except in the Tools & Hardware store.
11-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #25
Inactive Account

indeed.. not helpful at all. I asked them to give me a date.. so maybe it's possible they just gave me a date that's far off so for sure I'd have it by then?
However... I do wonder if other places would sell theirs at the $750 price to take the customers away from amazon?
11-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #26
Forum Member

Original Poster
indeed.. not helpful at all. I asked them to give me a date.. so maybe it's possible they just gave me a date that's far off so for sure I'd have it by then?
However... I do wonder if other places would sell theirs at the $750 price to take the customers away from amazon?
I'm going to experiment by sending a few of those 3rd party retailers a quick message asking if they would match Amazon's price. Probably a long-shot but it's worth a shot?
11-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #27
Inactive Account

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
11-06-2009, 07:05 AM   #28

I couldn't wait for Amazon, I got mine from the evil empire aka Best Buy for $799 +tax/free shipping. Does anybody know if this package includes lens hoods with the lenses?
11-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #29
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
buhbuhlee123--

Hmmm...that projected delivery date of January 4, 2010 for your bargain-priced K-x kit, coincidentally enough, is AFTER Christmas when we would expect to see aggressive price reductions anyway. Of course most of us would not be willing to wait two months after making a purchase decision. Calculated by Amazon in determining the ship date, no doubt.

wmich--

My understanding is that the kit does not include lens hoods. Guess Pentax is learning from C*n*n.
11-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #30
Forum Member

Original Poster
It's no longer $799 at Best Buy...

Also, after reading some descriptions, no I don't think lens hoods are included which is lame.