Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Amazon Pre-Order 18-55 + 55-300

Hi everyone! First time posting here. I just ordered my first DSLR! I'm very excited to start using it. I borrowed a Canon XS for a few months at the beginning of the year but ended up getting turned to Pentax. I pre-ordered the KX on Amazon on Oct. 30th and am curious if anyone has any idea when they are going to release the 18-55 + 55-300 kit? Anyone else get this kit? Anyone have any thoughts on the 55-300 lens? I can't wait until they release it...

11-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Pentax Forums.

You've ordered yourself up a great kit. The two lenses involved are very good and the camera is too.

That kit seems to be in-stock already, eg at B&H, but not Amazon yet.

You can keep an eye on stock status of the K-x here:

Pentax K-x stock status and availability matrix - 1001 Noisy Cameras

My guess is that it won't be long before Amazon starts shipping it.
11-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi,

Like you, I am also new to the world of DSLR and have ordered the 2 lens kit from Amazon. Most of what I have read about the K-x has been very positive. I can't wait till it gets here and I can start learning to use it. I have a big trip planned next year and I'm expecting that great high ISO performance to come in handy.
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #4

B&H already has it instock. Dont know when will amazon ship their stock

11-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

Man... in the same boat as you guys. i really cant wait for the kit to ship... this is going to be my first entry into the dslr world and from what i have read the reviews have been positive. there is also a sweet video review over at ephotozine.tv if you havent seen it yet.
11-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I hope Amazon gets it "in stock" soon! I was lucky enough to lock into the $750.00 price before it was bumped back to $850. Even at $850 though, it's still a great value. I'll update if I notice that it's instock. That's a handy site you listed, rawr! I did actually see that video, hoshinokoe; the HDR mode should be handy, and the cross processing seems pretty interesting too
11-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Can't Wait for My K-x!!

Waiting for my Amazon pre-order 18-55 / 55-300 too and I'm really looking forward to trying it out I loved my K 10-D and my DA 55-300...but dropped it on cement and they are both damaged The following photo was taken with that setup. (not sure how to embed photo in this message??)

http://jotterjan.smugmug.com/Birds/Elegant-Egert/ph2275093200010431878/614913930_mSfkY-L.jpg

11-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Oh no! That's too bad... But it sounds like the k-x will be a great bang for your buck. C'mon Amazon! There are now 3 other 3rd party dealers you can order from on Amazon but still not actually FROM Amazon...
11-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
(not sure how to embed photo in this message??)
Do everything exactly like you did, but instead of simply pasting the image URL into the body your message, click icon labeled "insert image" right above where you are typing, and paste the image URL into that dialog instead.

Or, paste the image URL into your message directly, but surround it with "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]" tags.
11-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Do everything exactly like you did, but instead of simply pasting the image URL into the body your message, click icon labeled "insert image" right above where you are typing, and paste the image URL into that dialog instead.

Or, paste the image URL into your message directly, but surround it with "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]" tags.
Thanks Marc...I'll try that.

Jan
11-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Bear with me...I'm new at this:

Last edited by J.Scott; 11-05-2009 at 08:00 PM.
11-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #12
Banned

Best Buy has it for 799.99, but after tax most places your back to same as the rest. Some people might like being able to return it to a brick and mortar store if there's a problem though.
11-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok, well now on Amazon FIVE other retailers have it in stock, including Adorama now! I'd order it from them, but I was able to get this it for $750 from Amazon, so I can't back out! But, it's weird because on Adorama's website it still isn't available, but Amazon says it is...
11-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Whats the hold up Amazon?

I ordered mine the last week of october and I'm too antsy to wait this long. I'd like to at least know when they think they'll get an order in you know?

However, I did see that Best Buy now has this kit for $799 on their website now.
PENTAX - K-X 12.4-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black - 15801

It's tempting to cancel my amazon order and order from Best Buy since they have it in stock.
11-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Anyone want a very sad update?!!

I thought I would update everyone on my email to Amazon about this specific kit...

-------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I’m very sorry for the delay in completing your order.

As you requested, we will continue our efforts to obtain this item for you. We appreciate your patience with this order.

I would like to inform you that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that the items " Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with 2.7-inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL and 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED Lenses (Black)" is now back-ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

Also note that the availability and shipping time frames listed on our web site are estimates, not guarantees. While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

It appears that the current availability estimate listed on our web site may not yet reflect the most recent information provided to us by our suppliers. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

The revised estimated Delivery Date is January 4.

You won't be charged until we ship it to you. On the date of shipment, we'll send you e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

I know that this upgrading will in no way compensate for the inconvenience caused, we do care for our customers and do all we can to avail this item for you, in spite of all the efforts our reliance on suppliers and manufacturers for information about their stock, has caused this disappointment.

We are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it. This means that we will ship the item as soon as we receive it from our suppliers even if the estimated ship date has still not arrived.

-----------------------------------------------------

So around January 4th we can all expect our cameras to get to us.. hmmf.....